Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
"If you loved your baby, if you wanted your baby, you would have kept them"

Bull. I commend women who have the strength to willingly give a child they love up for adoption for the sake of the child. I had respect for birthmoms long before I became one.

So many of you toss cruel words without any care for what wounds they cause, or even what open wounds already remain that you just make bleed more. Adoption is a personal choice, all around, for the ones adopting, and the ones birthing. If you can offer any sense of compassion, any sense of understanding, then why even speak?

It's so easy to spew slime and hate and hurt anonymously. It's not nearly so easy to actually do research, get to know the individuals you are insulting and hurting and learn about what you are ignorantly running your mouth about.

So. Attack me if you must. But leave these other women alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
lucsch
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I agree. It is a choice of LOVE. Being a part of a former infertile couple, I know what a blessing the gift of a child is.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I agree 100%

StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I sincerely hope you don't consider this post an act akin to screaming self righteous crap.

Quoting Momniscient:

I have much more respect for women who face very hard choices and do what they think is best. Especially in terms of adoption and abortion.

That takes way more guts than screaming self righteous crap on the internet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I respect birth moms 100 times more than I respect those who keep their child for selfish reasons when they have no means of support and no education.

o.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Well said.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Same here

Quoting Anonymous:

I respect birth moms 100 times more than I respect those who keep their child for selfish reasons when they have no means of support and no education.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Testify!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I agree. I was not strong enough to give my baby up for adoption when I had him at 17. He may have had a better life but my selfish ass kept him. We have a good life now (he is 7) but for a long while it was a fight to keep our heads above water. He deserves better but I just couldn't do it. 

StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM
:)

Quoting Anonymous:

Testify!!

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Nope. I'm talking about all those people who feel like they can judge a woman for the choices she makes.

Quoting StarryRain:

I sincerely hope you don't consider this post an act akin to screaming self righteous crap.

Quoting Momniscient:

I have much more respect for women who face very hard choices and do what they think is best. Especially in terms of adoption and abortion.

That takes way more guts than screaming self righteous crap on the internet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN