Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
"If you loved your baby, if you wanted your baby, you would have kept them"

Bull. I commend women who have the strength to willingly give a child they love up for adoption for the sake of the child. I had respect for birthmoms long before I became one.

So many of you toss cruel words without any care for what wounds they cause, or even what open wounds already remain that you just make bleed more. Adoption is a personal choice, all around, for the ones adopting, and the ones birthing. If you can offer any sense of compassion, any sense of understanding, then why even speak?

It's so easy to spew slime and hate and hurt anonymously. It's not nearly so easy to actually do research, get to know the individuals you are insulting and hurting and learn about what you are ignorantly running your mouth about.

So. Attack me if you must. But leave these other women alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
momalee40
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I would much rather know a woman gave up her child to someone who is able and willing to raise it than to know they had an abortion. It takes a big heart to carry a child for 9 mo and let it go.
StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
See, and this is why you make sure someone means something the way you think they do, before flying off the handle.

Thank you for clarifying. :)

Quoting Momniscient:

Nope. I'm talking about all those people who feel like they can judge a woman for the choices she makes.

Quoting StarryRain:

I sincerely hope you don't consider this post an act akin to screaming self righteous crap.

Quoting Momniscient:

I have much more respect for women who face very hard choices and do what they think is best. Especially in terms of adoption and abortion.

That takes way more guts than screaming self righteous crap on the internet.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Thanks for asking ;)

Quoting StarryRain:

See, and this is why you make sure someone means something the way you think they do, before flying off the handle.

Thank you for clarifying. :)

Quoting Momniscient:

Nope. I'm talking about all those people who feel like they can judge a woman for the choices she makes.

Quoting StarryRain:

I sincerely hope you don't consider this post an act akin to screaming self righteous crap.

Quoting Momniscient:

I have much more respect for women who face very hard choices and do what they think is best. Especially in terms of adoption and abortion.

That takes way more guts than screaming self righteous crap on the internet.

workoutmom2b1g
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

high five

StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Bumps
StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Bump again
LilliesValley
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Agree. You can be politics and disagree with someone.
deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I was actually thinking of making a post like this. You worded it probably better then I would've. So yup. I agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I agree.
My little sister has three girls. And she's addicted to meth.
When she got pregnant with #2, she really thought about it. Our mom was raising her oldest. She knew she wouldn't be quitting after the baby was born, and she didn't think it fair to ask Mom to raise two of her kids. So, she put her second DD up for adoption.
When she got pregnant with #3, it was the same story.
She gave her to the same family as #2- so her younger DDs are sisters biologically (well, half) and adoptive sisters, too.
My sister loves these little girls. Very much. SHe just did what she felt was right and our family (mostly) supports her decision.

Titana
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I agree! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)