Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
"If you loved your baby, if you wanted your baby, you would have kept them"

Bull. I commend women who have the strength to willingly give a child they love up for adoption for the sake of the child. I had respect for birthmoms long before I became one.

So many of you toss cruel words without any care for what wounds they cause, or even what open wounds already remain that you just make bleed more. Adoption is a personal choice, all around, for the ones adopting, and the ones birthing. If you can offer any sense of compassion, any sense of understanding, then why even speak?

It's so easy to spew slime and hate and hurt anonymously. It's not nearly so easy to actually do research, get to know the individuals you are insulting and hurting and learn about what you are ignorantly running your mouth about.

So. Attack me if you must. But leave these other women alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
kaiser10123
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I did a post like this months ago and I only thankfully had a few bad apples but majority of it was positive. I think you're completely right and unless they are in their shoes then they need to shut up!
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I agree with you. I think it's an amazing thing some birthmoms do. The ones that actually care about who is raising their child. It takes a lot of guts to do that. That's true love right there, thinking if your child and not of yourself.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM

well considering I adopted I can say what I want about my bio mom

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I think for most, placing a child for adoption is the biggest act of love you can do for the child. If you know darn well that you can't raise the child the way they should be raised, then adoption is a wonderful choice. It's funny that those bashing are probably the same that say abortion (the killing of an unborn human) is ok and what they would've don't in your situation.
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I agree...it seems that no matter what you do it is wrong. You are terrible if you abort, you choose adoption you must not have really cared, and if you keep a baby you can't care for you better not use PA and you shouldn't have gotten pregnant.

it is all just ridiculous. I have never given a baby up for adoption and I would never say anything like that to a mother that had.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I agree. There are some extremely cold hearted and despicable women in this group.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I was actually approached by a crazy woman here. She is fairly known. She sent me a message saying she would help me find adoptive parents for my baby and referred me to a group. Yet she ripped into me in another post saying I let God down by saying I had considered adoption. She forgot one main point...I was referring to a past pregnancy and I did keep the baby. The biggest problem I had...I would NOT use this site to find adoptive parents. 

StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM
You have every right to say what you wish about her, yes. Not all birthmoms, though.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM
And before you say anything, I am adopted, too.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM

The people that say that have obviously never been in the position of giving up a child and they also lack the basic empathy to put themselves in other people's shoes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)