Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I lost my mom Monday, Where do I turn? PIOG EDIT

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hello All..I woke up monday morning to find my dear mother had passed away in her sleep. She was perfectly fine on sunday at our super bowl party, and went to sleep about 1am and never woke up monday :( She was only 46, the autopsy did not show anything so I am still lost on what happened to my mom..She was my best friend!! I still replay walking into the room and touching her back, my heart is completely broken. Im only 24, I thought I had so many more years with her :(

She did not have any plans set, or life insurance in place. So that left me and my sister to cover it all. I have called our local trustee and was told they "might" help, but the funeral home told us not to bother, they never have funds and never keep their promises, I called medicaid but they wont help bc she applied on the 31st and it wasnt approved yet, I asked SS and they told me bc I am not a minor and she does not have a husband, they can not help. I have raised $1000 so far and have $1000 left to bring my moms ashes home. I had to cremate bc burial was $11,000 and I was unable to afford that. I am not here asking for anything but a direction to go, Is there someone/somewhere I missed? Any other info would be great, after all of this, all I want is to have her home with her family where she can rest in peace. Thank you 

Please anons, keep the negative comments out of this, I have dealt with alot and am not asking for anything more than advice here.thank you all  

Sorry I forgot to add, I have asked fb friends and family and have gotten $115, I put out a donations box at the service ( our church did it for free) so we have raised half the funds that way. I come from a very poor family unfortunatly so we are left on our own on this. We have asked everyone we can think of. Thank you everyone for all your kind words, It means alot!! 

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I am sorry for your loss. Here is a bump for you because I have no advice. I hope you figure something out though!

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Huge hugs momma. I can imagine the pain you are in. Does she have relatives you could ask to help ? Could you or your sister get a loan and pay it off?  I wish I could offer better advice. I will add you to my thoughts and prayers.

mariesmama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:42 PM

i dunno  moms sister helped my brother and me  mom was creamated and buryed in the ground on top of her mother my aunt helped my brother arrange all this and helped pay for it too my condolences now though as long as i have my hubby and little girl i can make it anywhere though i dont need to stay somewhere she might be able to visit

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Maybe have a benefit dinner to raise the money. Maybe talk to some churches or your church about them doing a benefit dinner. That may help. I'm sorry for your loss and hope you figure things out soon.
jaylinsmom1
by Shannon on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I unfortunatly come from a very poor family, I did have a donations box out at her service yesterday for cards, or donations. ( my church and paster did it all for free for us) and thats how I raised the $1000 which was a great blessing..So Im not giving up hope, just looking into other options I may have. Thank you for your kind words as well :) 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Huge hugs momma. I can imagine the pain you are in. Does she have relatives you could ask to help ? Could you or your sister get a loan and pay it off?  I wish I could offer better advice. I will add you to my thoughts and prayers.

BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss. I have no ideas, but hopefully here is a helpful BUMP. Prayers and good thoughts to you. ♥

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I'm so sorry... I would look into possibly asking a local church to ask for donations from their members, or even making a Facebook page in memory of your mom and sharing it with relatives and friends, saying that donations to help with funeral arrangements would be appreciated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Bump. I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my mother 4 years ago. She was only 56.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Can you ask local stores to let you leave jars for money for people to help?

chefmartha
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I don't know if you or your mother were/are religious, you could try asking at your church. They may know who can help and may even be able to help. I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a parent. My dad passed (after a long illness) two years ago this May.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN