Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Online Classes

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 50 Replies

So for my online classes, there is required participation in discussion forums. Isnt the purpouse to discuss, not just put one word answers? Part of our grade is to respond to others answers, and when there is short, clipped answers, it's hard to give critical responses without sounding like a super douche

end of rant

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Isn't there a minimum word requirement?
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I love how so many are doing online classes cheating, doing the minimal work then at graduation they actr like they studied their asses off.

BTW this happens in classrooms too, students doing the bare minimal, but the shit you are talking about I assure you those making one comment lines are not getting the grade.

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Im not sure. Dude said its better to put more than less. And when the questions say 'discuss this this and this', youd think that there would be more than no i dont feel more connected to my online classmates than in classroom. Im just like really?

Quoting purpleducky:

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:50 PM

That gets on my nerves! I really do bust my ass, and I stay on top of my stuff so I dont forget assignments, and this class is a short, 4 weeker instead of 10 like the others. Its been so many years since I have been in school, I guess Ive forgotten how many just do the minimum 

Quoting thetrollcat:

I love how so many are doing online classes cheating, doing the minimal work then at graduation they actr like they studied their asses off.

BTW this happens in classrooms too, students doing the bare minimal, but the shit you are talking about I assure you those making one comment lines are not getting the grade.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Check the course stuff. I know where I go (Liberty University) there is a Course Content button that has all the assignment requirements in there. Every class I have had where there were discussion boards we had minimum word counts for the initial thread and reply.

Quoting missamanda86:

Im not sure. Dude said its better to put more than less. And when the questions say 'discuss this this and this', youd think that there would be more than no i dont feel more connected to my online classmates than in classroom. Im just like really?

Quoting purpleducky:

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Yeah, I'm in college online as well and I hate seeing the stupidity. I assume you just started? It gets better the farther you go. You still have dummies, but not as bad as in the first 4 or 5 classes.

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I looked, and all he said was to use correct grammar, punctuation, and not to take short cuts

Quoting purpleducky:

Check the course stuff. I know where I go (Liberty University) there is a Course Content button that has all the assignment requirements in there. Every class I have had where there were discussion boards we had minimum word counts for the initial thread and reply.

Quoting missamanda86:

Quoting purpleducky:

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Wow. That would drive me crazy. I have to know what is expected of me, lol.

Quoting missamanda86:

I looked, and all he said was to use correct grammar, punctuation, and not to take short cuts

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting missamanda86:

Quoting purpleducky:

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Yeah this is my first quarter since 05 lol...it amazes me the lengths people will go to just get by

Quoting EvilAsh:

Yeah, I'm in college online as well and I hate seeing the stupidity. I assume you just started? It gets better the farther you go. You still have dummies, but not as bad as in the first 4 or 5 classes.

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I think thats why I would rather do more than less. At least I know Im not just skimping by

Quoting purpleducky:

Wow. That would drive me crazy. I have to know what is expected of me, lol.

Quoting missamanda86:

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting missamanda86:

Quoting purpleducky:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)