Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does this sound? (letter to a dude)--UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

UPDATE:

So, I took the advice to not send it and I tried to get over everything. I was finally getting over it. Initially, I kept having LOTS of dreams about him, odd and nightmarish type dreams. Not cool. But the dreams stopped, I figured out what I did prior to him and kept busy. Well....lol GUESS WHO STARTED TO TEXT ME 3 DAYS AGO??? Yep. He wants me to come over tomorrow. Like, nothing fucking happened. Like I wasn't dropped in totality. Like, seriously? What's funny? When I needed him, he dropped me. Now, he's going through something pretty much exactly like I did and he starts to text me. I'm VERY guarded when I'm talking to him. I am speaking to him because I *have* to talk to him for the next 20 months so I don't want to be totally awkward.

EDIT:

Leave it to you ladies to put it to me straight which is why i decided to put this on here BEFORE I sent anything. LOL. That's a thank you, by the way. I knew I could count on you all to give me the hard, cold, undeniable facts and not sugarcoat anything.

I WILL NOT BE SENDING THIS!

Okay, before I get bashed to Hell and back; this is *my* way of closure and to stop dwelling on what's going on. I understand it may sound stupid, childish, whatever I'm going to get called. I don't expect him to respond but knowing that I sent this (even if he doesn't read it, which I don't expect him to), it makes me be able to move on. Anyways, here it goes:

Hey,

One night you gave me a heartfelt apology. You said your true, deep down apologies rarely happen. The same goes for me when it comes to things like this and I just ask that you "hear" me out:

I've been racking my brain a lot trying to figure out what in the world I did to make you dislike me so much (minus almost giving you my cooties the other night, lol). Whatever it was, I truly am, with all of my heart, sorry for. I'm not asking for an explanation, I just wanted you to know whatever it was; it wasn't intentional and I'm sorry. I've been unaccepting of the "hints" you've been given but I guess I need to get past that and accept it. You won't have to worry about me bothering you and if you choose to go to Medic, no worries on anything being awkward.

Just know, that I don't regret anything that happened between us. You gave me 4 months of your time, to which I had a lot of fun and you made me feel really special. So, I guess I want to apologize and say thank you all at the same time.

So, I hope that you find it in your heart to forgive me and still be my friend and hang out from time-to-time. Here is my new phone number, xxx-xxx-xxxx; I'll leave the ball in your court. I'm still here for you whenever you may need.

Take care.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsFlores_2006
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:16 PM
So what's theback story?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

So what's theback story?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Dude and I were "dating" unofficially. Monogomas type deal, did the whole going on dates thing, he met my DS (which he was actually excited about bc he wanted to teach him how to box). We were going REALLY slow on purpose because of things in both of our past we were both reluctant to call this a "relationship". Things got pretty serious between us though. About a month or so ago, he started acting "odd" and kind of withdrawing. A week ago, I went to his house to drop something off and the way he looked at me was like he was looking at a stranger; he wouldn't let me come in....which is totally abnormal of him. I got the hint loud and clear that night and we haven't spoken since, which again, is not normal. I'm kind of heart broken but I don't want to make it come off as such. I really miss his company. We always had the best laughs at everything, we have so much in common and we always have an overall good time....I honestly cannot think of what I could have done. I'm sure there's another girl involved NOW but there wasn't when this all started so it was obviously something I did. :/

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

So what's theback story?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Thats fine. Except I wouldnt give the number. I am the same way when it comes to really heartfelt apologies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Just posted it below your comment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

So what's theback story?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Why wouldn't you give the number?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats fine. Except I wouldnt give the number. I am the same way when it comes to really heartfelt apologies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:36 PM
3 moms liked this
If he wants to talk he will message you back, and if he does that then you can give it based on the response.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

That does sound much better. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

If he wants to talk he will message you back, and if he does that then you can give it based on the response.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

MrsFlores_2006
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Why not just asking out front... i understand the point of the letter, but it sounds like ujust need to ask him whats up....

Quoting Anonymous:

Dude and I were "dating" unofficially. Monogomas type deal, did the whole going on dates thing, he met my DS (which he was actually excited about bc he wanted to teach him how to box). We were going REALLY slow on purpose because of things in both of our past we were both reluctant to call this a "relationship". Things got pretty serious between us though. About a month or so ago, he started acting "odd" and kind of withdrawing. A week ago, I went to his house to drop something off and the way he looked at me was like he was looking at a stranger; he wouldn't let me come in....which is totally abnormal of him. I got the hint loud and clear that night and we haven't spoken since, which again, is not normal. I'm kind of heart broken but I don't want to make it come off as such. I really miss his company. We always had the best laughs at everything, we have so much in common and we always have an overall good time....I honestly cannot think of what I could have done. I'm sure there's another girl involved NOW but there wasn't when this all started so it was obviously something I did. :/

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

So what's theback story?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maryroses
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like he may of had another woman there.  I wouldn't give him the time of day.   It was only 4 months! Cut your losses and move on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)