Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This kind of hurt my feelings what you think would it hurt yours?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies
My son has a lot of toys. He has me wrapped around his little finger so yes I spoil him with gifts. Last year he was into lego. But this year he don't want them anymore. Out of most of them he just wanted the figurines. So I had tons and tons of legos still in the original bags. Some I baged myself. Probably worth 500$ all together. So I knew that one of our friends down on her luck and she has a little boy same age as mine who loves legos. So I packed up all of it and drove it to her house and left it front of her door with a note. Saying I hope your little boy will like it we love you guys. Well next day she calls me and tell me that her boy do not play with second hand toys. I was so suprised 90% of the legos were still in their original box and bag not. even opened. like the starwars battle sheep and. pirots of the Caribbean. sponge bob and many more. a she also added that she put it in the trash. Well I have not spoke to her ever sense. What would you have done ? Would you spoke to her again?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Why didn't you ask her first if she wanted them? 

You really can't be mad though because you gave them as a gift. What she chose to do with them after that was up to her. It was pretty crappy of her though.

missamanda86
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM
17 moms liked this

Thats rude...and ungrateful. And I cant stand people like that. You were just trying to help her out. F that, id lose her number

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:39 PM
4 moms liked this

Her pride is only hurting her son, I would let that bridge burn.

Mama07Shorty
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with missamanda86 , that was totaly uncalled for and she could have gave them back instead of throwing them out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Wow, she's an ungrateful snob. If she didn't want them, she should have quietly disposed of them. Taking the time to make sure you know that it's not good enough is plain old snobbery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I did not meant to disrespect her by asking first. I just know I grew up with a handfull of hand made rag dalls and I would of been happy with any toy. So I thought he would been happy with some new legos. My mistake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow! What an entitled bitch! She can't afford toys, yet thinks her kids should only play with new? That's the kind of people this gov't creates though, I guess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM

well some people are against second hand toys, but she definitely could have worded it differently, like "Thanks for the things, I appreciate the gesture but....so would you like them back or I could donate them" I dont think she needed to be nasty about it. To me though, it doesnt seem like something to ruin a friendship over.

MrsMedina90
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Wow how ungrateful, she could have at least given them to goodwill. There's nothing wrong with second hand toys but next time call and ask. Oh and ditch the ungrateful friend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
And the thing is she just came to USA Like 6 years ago and don't have much. We are from the same country. When I came here nobody helped me with anything. I thought I would try to help someone in some ways. And she had nothing much back home. Now she acts like my items not good enough for her. At least she could of left it out front of her house. Maybe someone else could of been using that happily. Its just bothers me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, she's an ungrateful snob. If she didn't want them, she should have quietly disposed of them. Taking the time to make sure you know that it's not good enough is plain old snobbery.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)