Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was adopted thru an open adoption

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
They are successful. Knowing my bio parents didn't hold me back. I even had visitation with them. As a mother myself I have so much respect for my bmom for placing my brother and I. What a hard decision. To realize you can not give your child a good life is one thing, to act on it and give them a family they deserve is another.
To this day my am says how thankful she is to my bmom for making that decision and allowing her to adopt us.

Just my psa for the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LyTe684
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:20 PM
:)

Are you and your brother twins?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:21 PM
No. But we are a package deal. Lol. He's five years older.

Quoting LyTe684:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:21 PM
2 moms liked this

That's awesome. :) I believe 100% in legally enforceable open adoption (as long as it is the birth mother's wish) and open adoption records for all.  I think closed adoption should be illegal unless it is desired by both parties or contact with the biological parents would put the child at risk of harm. 

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I come from a family of adoption. My mom, aunt, 3 uncles, four cousins were all adopted. Ive seen the positive and negatives.

Quoting BethanyJ:

That's awesome. :) I believe 100% in legally enforceable open adoption (as long as it is the birth mother's wish) and open adoption records for all.  I think closed adoption should be illegal unless it is desired by both parties or contact with the biological parents would put the child at risk of harm. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Cool.

My friends mom just adopted a little boy. He's 7. No siblings though. Right now my son is his only friend around here.

Quoting JakesMom712:

No. But we are a package deal. Lol. He's five years older.

Quoting LyTe684:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)