Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need really quick help! Especially if there are any nurses here! *WARNING- gross pic*

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

This was my dd's mucus a few moments ago. She said that first she felt like she needed to vomit and felt warm stuff came half way up and then go back down and then finally it came back up. She didn't cough. This was mixed in with clear mucus and looked kind of like old blood.

While writing this I remembered she had some BBQ sauce for dinner so maybe possibly that could be it? I would still like for some of you to look at it, though. Thanks!

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AngeLnChainZ
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM

It was the bbq sauce..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM

BBQ sauce isn't going to come up through her lungs.  It looks like infected mucus.  

Hoolikay
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I kind of have a feeling now that's what it was. I just kind of freaked out when I first saw it before I remembered what she had for dinner. I feel like an idiot now.

BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM
bbq
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM
BBQ sauce is going to intermingle with the mucous. Poor kiddo! Stay away from thick things like that, clear fluids, liquids and stay hydrated! Cough it up, spit it out so she can clear it out. Good luck!
Hoolikay
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM

She said she didn't cough and hasn't had a cough. She does have a cold though and recently got over strep.

Quoting Anonymous:

BBQ sauce isn't going to come up through her lungs.  It looks like infected mucus.  

cwaymama87
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM

It was possibly the BBQ sauce.  I wouldn't panick yet.  If it happens anymore I'd be more concerned. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM
When she coughs she is also clearing the mucous out of her throat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)