Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone going through or about to go through a Divorce right now?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

What caused it? If you're a SAHM, how are you managing?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM

bump

ittybit2012
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I'm divorced. I'm a sahm looking for employment. If it wasn't for my family, my kids and I would have been on the streets. I clean houses right now until I find a full time job.
ETA- He cheated. Which was why we divorced.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I wish but I need my insurance. That's the only reason why I haven't filed for divorce yet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Mental Abuse. I was the full time working parent.
Elyce225
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I'm not going through one but if I were I would get a job.  I have my BSN/MN/CRNA, we would be very comfortable on just my income.  Both me and my husband wouldn't pay child support.  We would do this right down the middle.  We have talked about this before.  We both know that each other are amazing parents and would be there no matter what happens.  We would end up living on the same block because its so important to us that both of us are there all of the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM

He's insisting that he's going to file for divorce this weekend once he gets his taxes. I want the divorce so I'm not upset. Just surprised he's doing it so quickly.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish but I need my insurance. That's the only reason why I haven't filed for divorce yet.

_cloudy_
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Currently going through my 2nd divorce at the moment. He was a little abusive, but I also finally came out of the closet. I was a sahm but was lucky enough to get a really great paying job in sales at a wireless phone company. It can be done ladies, independence is sweet sweet victory :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM
He is a lying cheat. I work full time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

good for you! I'm happy for you. This is definitely a testament. How long had you been a SAHM? Independence is very sweet.

Quoting _cloudy_:

Currently going through my 2nd divorce at the moment. He was a little abusive, but I also finally came out of the closet. I was a sahm but was lucky enough to get a really great paying job in sales at a wireless phone company. It can be done ladies, independence is sweet sweet victory :)

_cloudy_
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I was a sahm for 5 years! I mean, as nice as it was to be around the kids all the time, I felt like there was something missing, ya know? I've never been happier, even though it's tiring lol

Quoting Anonymous:

good for you! I'm happy for you. This is definitely a testament. How long had you been a SAHM? Independence is very sweet.

Quoting _cloudy_:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)