Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Race and Raising Children

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Ok so I'm white , my daughter is mixed (black &white), my fiance is white. my daughters father has only seen her once ,5 years ago, when she was a week old. he refuses to be in her life in any way. no child support, no birthday gifts, nothing.
meanwhile for the last 2 years my fiance has been an amazing father figure to her and wants to adopt her when we get married, so I contact my daughters father via Facebook and ask if he would be willing to sign the papers, he agrees but proceeds to go on a rant about how a white man can never be her father.

what is your opinion on this?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melakay1981
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM
3 moms liked this

I would tell him that sperm does not make someone a father.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this

He does not have room to talk. Race does not make a parent, actions make a parent.

Aleta775
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Her bio dad is an idiot. Ignore what he said and just get the papers signed. 

la-cosa-nostra
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

My DD is half Puerto Rican, I'm Italian, my other DD is all Italian, my bf who plans to adopt them is Irish. Love is what makes a family.

Quoting melakay1981:

I would tell him that sperm does not make someone a father.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
My6Rock
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Is he signing the papers? That's it then. Just ensure she has plenty of opportunities to experience her black culture. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM

LMAO.. Sperm donor is an idiot. A child will love her daddy even if he were purple! Your dd won't care your df is a a few shades lighter than her, she cares that he is with her when she needs love and attention.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM

my opinion is the jerkoff that you procreated with should stfu . Of course your so can be her dad.

MommyTo5Boys
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Agree until the adoption is final, then let Bio dad have a peice of your mind!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Who the hell gives a shit so long as he signing  the papers so your husband can adopt her. Ignore it, he's looking for a rise which would give him the perfect excuse not to sign the paper.

tharealty2
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

as long as he agrees to do whats necessary - I wouldn't care what he has to say, though my comeback would've been 'apparently neither can you as a black man'

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)