Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dear tornado in Hattiesburg....

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 21 Replies
Lol. Okay so we are moving to Laurel early Tuesday morning (leaving at 2am) and my MIL has never been okay with us moving. She flat out told us to our faces that we were stupid for moving. Anyway, she called us a few minutes ago using the tornado as an excuse for us NOT to move. lol. Like she could talk us out of it or something. Sorry woman, but tornados don't scare us (we're moving to a place with a storm shelter). Even with the tornados, we would still rather be living there than here! Anyone else have crazy controlling MIL's?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughingCheetah
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughingCheetah
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Psh, tornados can happen everywhere down here (I'm in Gulfport) so that's not even a valid reason. Sorry your MIL is being like that.

My MIL is crazy, but not controlling, more like fun crazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalaballet
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Ot but I was born in Hattiesburg. 

angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Psh, tornados can happen everywhere down here (I'm in Gulfport) so that's not even a valid reason. Sorry your MIL is being like that.

Have you heard anything about whats going on at the Pass Christian WalMart? Supposedly there is a man in the store with a gun saying he is going to kill himself. I cant find anything on the news stations about it though.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Here is a video of the storm that hit Hattiesburg.

MaryJarrett
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Holy Crap! I hadn't heard that! We just got back from D'Iberville though. I'll look for it too! I hope all is well!

Quoting angie729:

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Have you heard anything about whats going on at the Pass Christian WalMart? Supposedly there is a man in the store with a gun saying he is going to kill himself. I cant find anything on the news stations about it though.

momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:27 PM
HaHa! I saw something on Facebook that said: "In Mississippi, tornadoe sirens are a signal to go outside and look for a funnel cloud." This is going to sound crazy but I am looking forward to moving back to Mississippi. I would rather deal with hurricanes and tornadoes then snow and ice. I am the queen of the clumsy and me and ice do not get along.
momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
We are thinking about moving back to Gulfport if I can find a job as a medical assistant down there. I miss the beach.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I just found out from a very reliable source that all is well there at the store...It did happen but they got everyone out safe.

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Holy Crap! I hadn't heard that! We just got back from D'Iberville though. I'll look for it too! I hope all is well!

Quoting angie729:

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)