Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my best friend and all

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies
But she really needs to start planning better.
She lost her job back in 2011, got unemployment and continued TTC. Her boyfriend works but only makes $1,200-$1,300 a month.
She got pregnant, got another job, her unemployment ran out and then she got laid off at the job she got and she was no able to collect unemployment again.
A few weeks later she gave birth, prematurely at 34 weeks.
Now her landlord has told her that she intends to sell the house they are currently in (landlord is her dads girlfriend) and they have until May to move.
They struggle as it is. They are barely able to afford their rent, bills, groceries, diapers, formula and her sons medication.
Now she is struggling to find a place. They can't afford a place that requires first and last months rent down (and the majority of places here do), they can't afford half of the apartments or houses listed and the ones they CAN afford don't allow pets.
She also won't downsize anything. She pays $250 a MONTH for cable, internet and phone. I suggested that she cancel cable all together and switch companies for her phone and internet. She won't.
I suggested that she get look into daycare so she can get a daytime job but she won't because she's too scared to leave her son at a daycare.
It's just getting frustrating that she comes to me for advice and support but every time I suggest something or show her (apartment wise) she nixes it.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)