Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So our puppy was a rescue...

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:13 PM
  • 51 Replies

She was abandoned when her owners moved, left in their backyard. Well now ever time we have to take her out, and it is raining she has to gulp down water out of the puddles. It does not matter how much water I give her. Are all dogs this way? Or is it because of her previous conditions?

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:14 PM

idk my puppy does the same thing and we've had her since she was almost 9 weeks old.

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Definitely could be a medical problem or symptom, take her to the vet ASAP, I'm sure she needs vaccines and a well check anyway.

kagdwg09
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:15 PM

It is because of her previous conditions. We rescued a beagle and she was thrown from a moving vehicle. We have had her for 6 years and to this day she still hates car rides....

Aleta775
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

It could be that she just likes rain water. I had a dog like that. 

thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Idk, but my puppy has the same problem with food. He growls at and will bite anyone who comes near him while he is eating. I've had quiet frankly.

brightonsmom12
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Quoting Blueliner:

Definately could be a medical problem or symptem, take her to the vet ASAP, I'm sure she need vaccines and a well check anyway.

She has all of her vaccines that they could give her for now. And she has a vet visit next week for the check up on her spaying. So I will talk to them then. She does not do it with her water bowl though. Could it just be that she is used to drinking that way? 

ninjakids
by Christina on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I think they all are haha. All my dogs (who ive had from puppyhood) did it as well ahhaha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Oh ok, I thought you meant she was drinking all water excessively. She probably just likes the taste, it's like a different flavor lol.

Quoting brightonsmom12:

Quoting Blueliner:

Definately could be a medical problem or symptem, take her to the vet ASAP, I'm sure she need vaccines and a well check anyway.

She has all of her vaccines that they could give her for now. And she has a vet visit next week for the check up on her spaying. So I will talk to them then. She does not do it with her water bowl though. Could it just be that she is used to drinking that way? 

brightonsmom12
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Quoting thePBandJmom:

Idk, but my puppy has the same problem with food. He growls at and will bite anyone who comes near him while he is eating. I've had quiet frankly.

I wish I had advice for that. :( I was so scared she would be that way. That was one of the things we tested her about before we brought her home. We have a 14 month old, I could not handle that. 

brightonsmom12
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM

That is what I thought. Maybe I could try putting Ice cubes in her water? lol I am just worried about her because most of it is run off, so I try to keep her from drinking it.

Quoting Blueliner:

Oh ok, I thought you meant she was drinking all water excessively. She probably just likes the taste, it's like a different flavor lol.

Quoting brightonsmom12:

Quoting Blueliner:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)