Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want to do a home dna test

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
ever since by daughter was born i have had my doubts about who her dad is. i was dating someone but e were working out so i was planning on moving out of town. my ex was helping plan the move and within the same week of that month that i conceived i did it with him. but dice i turned out pennant i automatically got back torturer with bf. he also knows about the chances but doesn't care he loves our daughter. i'm still with this doubt in my heart that i want to settle my question is...have you ever home tested? if so what do you recommend?.....excuse my bad English
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I've heard that they're really accurate, I'd give it a shot.

marie2409
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Just google it. I did it years ago when ex knocked up the neighbor. But I haven't a clue off hand what tbe name of the place was. Mine wasn't admissible in court. Supposedly some of them are, I don't know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DarlaHood
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:24 PM

It depends on what you think you want to do about it.  if you aren't going to change anything, then let it be. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:39 PM
the reason i want to do it is because me and my bf have been having problems and i'm tired of giving it a shot because of my daughter plus my ex has been trying to get close to me and i don't want to loose contact if by chance it is his daughter

Quoting DarlaHood:

It depends on what you think you want to do about it.  if you aren't going to change anything, then let it be. 

DarlaHood
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know how old she is, but you said that "he loves our daughter."  To me that implies that he has stepped up to be her father, and the future of the relationship should not be determined by DNA or genetics.  If you adopted a baby, you would not expect the adoptive parents to just take her back because she didn't have your DNA anyway.  You love that child, and you have been her parent.

IF it's you and he that are not working, then move on for yourself.  But her continued relationship should be based on whether he is good for her or not - and not whether he is good for you (or you for him).

Quoting Anonymous:

the reason i want to do it is because me and my bf have been having problems and i'm tired of giving it a shot because of my daughter plus my ex has been trying to get close to me and i don't want to loose contact if by chance it is his daughter

Quoting DarlaHood:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)