Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In pain!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

DH and I just started TTC this month, so this is the FIRST month we've ever had sex during my ovulation except for when we conceived DD (which happened the first time). Since Ive had my daughter though Ive been able to feel my ovulation mid cycle, I have ovulation pains so we never have sex during them because my uterus feel tender and I don't want to irritate it. Well this month we obviously had to because we are TTC. Well we've been doing it for the last 5 days which is my ovulation window and I tested positive on an ovulation test. My O pains started 3 days before my positive O test. So today its been the 5th day of doing it with my O pains and today I was really sore when we tried. Well after that ive been hurting even more all day and been cramping a ton in my uterus, back and pain radiating down my legs. I am starting to suspect endometriosis. I have always suspected I had it but never looked into it. I have always had SEVERE periods, so bad I cant do anything the first day because its sooo painful.

Well today after hurting all day I started using a heating pad to try and sooth the pain. After sitting with that for about an hour off and on I got up to brush my teeth and started having what felt like uterine contractions, and they were PAINFUL!!! So DH carried me to bed because it hurt to move but they have now stopped. Im concerned about endometriosis and if I do have it will it hinder my ability to conceive this time around?? Obviously the first time around I wasnt having this issue. I only have these pains during my period and during ovulation, I dont have them any other time of the month. I also do not have them during sex unless I am ovulating obviously but I usually try to avoid doing it then. 

Im just worried that TTC may not happen now if I do have endometriosis and I know it can get worse over the years. Anyone else experience this??

FYI the pain has stopped and I have NOT had any bleeding.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockgal81
by Steph on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM
You may want to get checked for ovarian cysts. I had the same pain and when they checked it out, it was due to the cysts rupturing. What you're describing is the same way I felt, and the doc said it happens during ovulation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I had endometriosis. They went in thru my belly button and burned it off. They also found a bleeding ovary and cauterized that while they were there. I always thought they probably caused the bleeding ovary, but who knows. It wasn't painful. I had 2 sts in my belly button and 2 other 1 st incisions. The worst part is they blow up your abdomen with gas so they can see what's going on and afterwards it rises and that hurts. I took a pain pill and vacuumed my 2800 sq ft house to work it out and that really helped.

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I had really bad endo, got pregnant 2 times on our own. Take some advil. My Endo never did go away after having kids. I had a total Hysterectomy at 33. Had 2 kids, i was done. Good luck. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Did you experience anything like what I had?

Quoting wooly:

I had endometriosis. They went in thru my belly button and burned it off. They also found a bleeding ovary and cauterized that while they were there. I always thought they probably caused the bleeding ovary, but who knows. It wasn't painful. I had 2 sts in my belly button and 2 other 1 st incisions. The worst part is they blow up your abdomen with gas so they can see what's going on and afterwards it rises and that hurts. I took a pain pill and vacuumed my 2800 sq ft house to work it out and that really helped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Quoting Aamy:

I had really bad endo, got pregnant 2 times on our own. Take some advil. My Endo never did go away after having kids. I had a total Hysterectomy at 33. Had 2 kids, i was done. Good luck. 

Did you experience what I experienced?

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aamy:

Yeah. All the time. I had 2 golf ball sized cysts on both ovaries, that's how my Endo was diagnosed. I would see a Gyno. See what they say is going on. 

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Quoting wooly:

I had 2 laps and a hysterectomy and never had a issue with the gas in the belly. Its weird how the same thing effects ppl differently. What hurt me , the first lap they used glue to hold the hole closed, 1 popped open. Wasnt to bad. The other surgeries i had stiches heh. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Yikes that's pretty scary! Well thank you for answering my question. Hopefully it's not too serious 

Quoting Aamy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aamy:

Yeah. All the time. I had 2 golf ball sized cysts on both ovaries, that's how my Endo was diagnosed. I would see a Gyno. See what they say is going on. 

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM

This is exactly what I was going to suggest too!

Quoting rockgal81:

You may want to get checked for ovarian cysts. I had the same pain and when they checked it out, it was due to the cysts rupturing. What you're describing is the same way I felt, and the doc said it happens during ovulation.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:22 PM

TMI- so be warned! I  would have pain so bad I would take my pain meds I had for something else. My periods were so bad I would wear a maxi tampon and a extra heavy duty pad to bed at night and I'd get up in the morning and have blood running down my legs leaving puddles on the carpet. I also always knew which side was ovulating because my side next to my hip bones would be so tender i couldn't stand to even hardly touch myself there. Call your gyn and see if they'll take a look. The treatment is really so easy compared to then pain every month. I had my proicedure done on a Friday to give me the weekend to feel better before going back to work on Monday. I was supposed to be off longer, but I was a Realtor, so I could go to work as I felt like it and just work from my desk for a couple of days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you experience anything like what I had?

Quoting wooly:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)