Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm out of options EDIT UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 121 Replies

My husband is kicking me out on Tuesday. He gets all the homes,  the car, etc. My job is through his family so I'll lose that too. I have literally no friends or family. This means I'll also have to quit college which means I'll owe the government money.

So, I'll have no home, no car, and no job....I don't know what to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated. (Also, no there aren't any type of shelters around here)

EDIT: He owned all of the homes except one before we got married and I signed a prenup. Everything bought while married, is in his name because we thought it would complicate things to put them in my name as well since I'm 17. If I had family to go to this would be so much easier. My mom is in jail and she's the only family I have. My best friend, who I used to live with, died last August.

UPDATE: Thank you to everybody who has responded, you've been wonderfully nice, I expected a lot more bashing. For the ones who called me a troll, I don't know how to prove to you that I'm not. I got my GED at 16, as soon as I got my GED I started college, that's how I'm in college classes. A legal guardian (my non-bio dad) signed for us to get married and I haven't seen him since, he signed so that he wouldn't be legally responsible for anything I did since my mom went to jail. Anyways, I talked to a lawyer today and he said the pre-nup IS enforceable BUT that my about to be ex husband can't just kick me out. I found an ad on craigslist, looking for a live in care taker. (It's an elderly woman. I take care of her in exchange for living there)  I am going to meet someone about it today at 3 and hopefully that will work out. Thank you for giving me advice ladies.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_cullum
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Um can you go to where your family is? Can someone come pick you up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM
3 moms liked this

Go talk to a lawyer. I doubt that's legal.

Do you have kids with him?

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM

why is he kicking you out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I signed a prenup, and no, I had a miscarriage a couple of months ago, that would've been our first.

Quoting Anonymous:

Go talk to a lawyer. I doubt that's legal.

Do you have kids with him?

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I wouldn't leave. I would talk to an attorney, that isn't legal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Get a job that is not with his family.  When did you find out he was kicking you out?  How can he kick you out?  If you went into a place as a couple he can't toss you out.

One option.  Get a TRO in the morning and have him thrown out first.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM
How is he able to kick you out of the marital home?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I really don't have any family. My mom is all I have and she's in jail.

Quoting mama_cullum:

Um can you go to where your family is? Can someone come pick you up?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Is your name not on the house or car? Did you guys already go to court? If your name is on anything then f*** that...don't let him take everything.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

He really can't kick you out. If he tries call the cops. Unless he has an eviction notice he legally can't make you leave. So go sleep on the couch and keep going to school and find a different job. If he changes the locks call the cops again. maybe then he'll negotiate with you on some things, unless you really screwed up and he caught you cheating or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)