Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade chicken stock mmmm.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

So I decided to make home made chicken stock and freeze it for meals that usually call for chicken broth.

i will honestly say I was a little worried that it wouldn't taste that great. Well tonight. Made white chicken chili and I used my homemade chicken stock and holy crap it was soooooo good and flavorful.

didnt add how I did it sorry :)

wasn't anything special. I had cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot and when I had taken what I wanted off of it I out the skin and bones and everything in a stock pot and covered it with water about 6 cups and I just let it simmer on low for about 6 hours.

let it cool to room temp and strained it all out and then strained it again through cheese cloth. Then let it cool more to get the fat off the top. Then put it in freezer containers and froze it.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Bump

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

So are you going to share the recipe or just tease us????LMAOOOOO

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Right? I opened this expecting there to be a darn recipe, woman!

Quoting Sassy762:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hippie.Gypsy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Awesome!

Going to start making my own stock too soon, so am really glad to hear yours turned out good!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Lol it wasn't anything special. I had cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot and when I had taken what I wanted off of it I out the skin and bones and everything in a stock pot and covered it with water about 6 cups and I just let it simmer on low for about 6 hours.

let it cool to room temp and strained it all out and then strained it again through cheese cloth. Then let it cool more to get the fat off the top. Then put it in freezer containers and froze it.

Quoting Sassy762:

mom4awesomekids
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I've made both chicken and beef stock. Pretty good and healthy for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Lol sorry it wasn't anything special

Lol it wasn't anything special. I had cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot and when I had taken what I wanted off of it I put the skin and bones and everything in a stock pot and covered it with water about 6 cups and I just let it simmer on low for about 6 hours.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Right? I opened this expecting there to be a darn recipe, woman!

Quoting Sassy762:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Oh okay.....I thought you added herbs or spices in it. I am always looking for new recipes....thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol it wasn't anything special. I had cooked a whole chicken in the crock pot and when I had taken what I wanted off of it I out the skin and bones and everything in a stock pot and covered it with water about 6 cups and I just let it simmer on low for about 6 hours.

Quoting Sassy762:

haydsmom2007
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM

sounds yummy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Just pepper to the outside of the chicken before I cooked it.

Quoting Sassy762:

Oh okay.....I thought you added herbs or spices in it. I am always looking for new recipes....thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Sassy762:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)