Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

need advice: cheating friends... why the he** do people stay in cheating relationships!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

ok say you have two sets up friends...

the first couple are not married and they have always had somewhat of a disfunctional relationship. they have 4 children. the female in this relationship has a history of cheating.

then their is another couple who are married and have two children. their relationship is ok but the husband has a history of cheating. the most recent was just a couple months ago. 

now you and your husband find out that the cheating female from one relationship is cheating with the husband of the other relationship. how you know this is because they call each other and text all the time. flirt and when the one females SO is at work the guy who is married is parked outside their apt. at 1:30 in the morning. 

my question is do you tell the other people?

why or why not?

is it your place?

i will say this i am a married woman with young children. i have never in my life cheated married or not. so i do not personally stand for it. i personally would want someone to tell me if they new my dh was cheating on me. would you?

why would someone stay time after time?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I'd leave it alone and find some new friends.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I would want to know, especially if my so called friends knew
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I would tell them if I knew for sure.  I wouldn't want to be friends with cheaters, so it would be no loss.

zoo003
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Personally, I would let the other spouse know.  As you said, if my dh was cheating on me, I would definitely want to know.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

TELL THEM. Make sure you have concrete evidence and know you will more then likely loose some of their friendships.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I would just stay out of it. As much as I would want to know if my SO was cheating on me, I'm not getting into someone else's drama/relationship. 

mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I would want to know

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM

what would concrete evidence be?

i once had someone tell me they would never believe their husband was cheating no matter what proof anyone had unless they walked in on them themselves....

Quoting Anonymous:

TELL THEM. Make sure you have concrete evidence and know you will more then likely loose some of their friendships.

brandydesiree
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM
You tell them, and you will get some major blame. You have to ask your self whose friendship is more important. If the cheater is more important, talk with them and see if they will come clean themselves.
Kat31
by AlwaysWatching on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Like someone said earlier wait until you have concrete evidence. And just be ready for them to take it out on you I.e. 'shooting the messenger.'
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN