Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TTC get angry at pregnant moms?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 335 Replies

Just a little curious to know, about misplaced anger or actual reason. Is it true there are women TTC, that get angry at friends or relatives for being pregnant ? I've heard of broken friendships over something that is beyond control. Are there also women that throw their pregnacy in another's face? I'd like to see posts on both ends of the spectrum, pregnant and TTC. Give me juicy details on your feud!

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsCherry10
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:12 AM
4 moms liked this

I don't have  a feud but I can see how frustrating it would be for someone TTC to constantly see others getting pregnant so easily.  Or even women who get pregnant without trying and don't even want it, when they want it soo badly.  I don't know of anyone who "threw their pregnancy in anyones face" but maybe sometimes it can seem that way.  I know some pregnant women that all they ever want to talk about is being pregnant and other pregnancy related topics and it does get old pretty fast.  Yes, I know its exciting( I have done it before) but there are other things we could talk about. You know?

MsCherry10
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I don't want another child, doc told me I may or may not have complications, but I do have a friend that CONSTANTLY speaks about her easy pregancies. She's a mother of 4. At the end of a very long rant, she always asks me if I'm sad I might NOT be able to conceive as easily as her. I give her the death glare and think " B*tch Please!" . The topic gets so old. Every week or so I have to hear this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have  a feud but I can see how frustrating it would be for someone TTC to constantly see others getting pregnant so easily.  Or even women who get pregnant without trying and don't even want it, when they want it soo badly.  I don't know of anyone who "threw their pregnancy in anyones face" but maybe sometimes it can seem that way.  I know some pregnant women that all they ever want to talk about is being pregnant and other pregnancy related topics and it does get old pretty fast.  Yes, I know its exciting( I have done it before) but there are other things we could talk about. You know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:19 AM
8 moms liked this

I get upset and yea maybe a little mad but not at the person, just the situation. why is it so easy for them to get pregnant and why do i have to struggle, that kind of thing. I would never let it interfere in a relationship. It my issue/problem not theirs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I was pregnant at the same time that my husband's Aunt & Uncle lost their daughter at 24 weeks. They did not speak to us for over a year. I had no hard feelings towards them, in fact I felt so terrible and I still wish they could have a child. We had another baby four years later. I was so nervous to tell them, but it turned out alright. I am pregnant again for the last time and I am nervous to tell them. I would never want to rub it in their face.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM
10 moms liked this
I've never TTC so I have no personal story, but I find it ridiculous how uppity and (honestly) bitchy women who are TTC get (online, ie CM) toward pregnant women, or women contemplating abortion, or pregnant women who wanted a boy but are having a girl, or pregnant women who complain about being pregnant. They all start screeching about "YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY TO BE PREGNANT!!!! RAWR!!!"

Dude, back off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM

sorry, but i think its funny that anyone would be shocked by this.....that having someone able to get pregnant over and over and mabye in your view dosent deserve more kids or take care of the ones she has and so on, then here you are with mc after mc and loss after loss.  then yeah it pisses you off ofcourse it does. in our case it was 2 teen age moms and mother of 4 and we were like what the hell, total BS.  why us, why them, whats wrong with us, whats wrong with me, why do i deserve this, and so on, its very hard and trying to lose pregnancies or just not be able to get pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I feel so sorry for somebody at school. 4/7 of us (not me) ended up pregnant at the same time. 2 of us are fine with that and don't want another right now but the 3rd has been trying to adopt for years following miscarriages and difficulties ttc. It must be so hard for her :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:28 AM

my niece got VERY angry at me for getting pregnant three times in 2.5 years (1 miscarriage) with no real "trying" while she struggled to conceive.  I understood and felt bad, but it got to the point she was refusing to come to family functions.

Thankfully she was finally able to get pregnant and now has 3 year old twins.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:28 AM

It took me a year to get pregnant, I was never mad at anyone for getting pregnant before me. I don't understand that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)