Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm an awkward loser :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 243 Replies
2 moms liked this
I've always been a painfully awkward person. You can't tell by looking at me, but I have a very awkward personality. I've never been one of those people who can just talk to people. If someone walks up to me and strikes up a conversation, I get really nervous and don't know what to say. I try to play it cool, but I wind up stuttering and saying really stupid stuff and making a fool out of myself. I've always just wanted to be able to walk up to a group of people and casually join their conversation. Today, my dh and his best friend were joking around and I was laughing along when I thought I'd throw in my own joke. They just stopped laughing and stared at me like I was completely inappropriate. I hate this!!!! I feel like I'm not normal.

Honestly, there's no point to this post. I just don't know why I'm this way and it makes me hate myself :(
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:27 AM
2 moms liked this
See, I can't even make a post that people will reply to.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:29 AM
4 moms liked this

I feel like you just described me. 

But I'm perfectly fine once I'm comfortable with someone. It just takes a lot to get me out of my shell. I never want to say the wrong thing and look stupid but I spend so much time worrying that I just make myself look like an idiot. :/

whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:29 AM

omg, when I first read this I thought to myself "IM NOT ALONE!!!"

I feel like that word for word!!! except if Im with a social person I can usually be social to an extent. But I am super awkward in general....even the way I walk. Im like...walk cool...try to look normal, but I feel like everybody can see right through me & look at weird ol' val

rockabillybetty
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lendales_mommi
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Do you have friends that are the opposite???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I'm sorry.  My dh and ds are somewhat like that.  They just are who they are.  I love them anyway, but it can be hard.  Sometimes on them and sometimes on me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this
That's exactly how I am!! I have 1 best friend and I'm terrified to lose her because it's so hard for me to find friends. Sorry you deal with it too, but it is kinda nice to know I'm not alone.

Quoting misskriss10:

But I'm perfectly fine once I'm comfortable with someone. It just takes a lot to get me out of my shell. I never want to say the wrong thing and look stupid but I spend so much time worrying that I just make myself look like an idiot. :/

whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM

ooh we should make an awkward mama's group!!

Quoting misskriss10:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I can be like that at times. I'm not like that at all when I really, really get to know someone, but it's pretty bad when I only kind of know you and we aren't like bff's or something. Lol. So..What was the joke you threw in?.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:32 AM
9 moms liked this

I would be friends with you. No talking required. I will do enough talking for the both of us :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN