Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ya know what ticks me off...

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:52 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
When people comment on something i have said and i go to see it and the freaking post has been deleted. So much for tips about setting up chores for your kids. Grow some balls ppl. If you are a post deleter...just stop posting!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Me too. :(  I hate not seeing when someone quoted me.

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Someone quoted me on that post and I never got to read it Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:54 AM

ya know sometimes the post is deleted by CM. Why do people always assume the poster is always deleting?

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I was in that post and no one was being mean, we where actually having a really nice discussion.

Quoting thetrollcat:

ya know sometimes the post is deleted by CM. Why do people always assume the poster is always deleting?

boldrumble
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Because it usually isnnt cm. Plus...cm deletes comments before they go for the whole post. Unless in the past half hour while i was sorting and putting laundry away all of the helpful/discussion type comments about chores turned into an allout brawl...i doubt it was cm.

This is why i have always said...and even suggested...that when a post is deleted you should be taken to a page that says either "this post was deleted by the OP" or "this post was deleted by CM admins because you adults keep acting like children" (although that last part could be worded better.

Quoting thetrollcat:

boldrumble
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:01 AM
If i had known it would be gone, i wiuldnt have taken a break. Seriously all the stupid reasons people delete...amd to do it ina post that is actually HELPING people. *sigh*

Quoting melakay1981:

I was in that post and no one was being mean, we where actually having a really nice discussion.

Quoting thetrollcat:

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I can see deleting a post where people are being downright rude, but It seemed to be a helpful post and everyone was getting along.  I think you should lose the points you would have earned if you delete the post.

Quoting boldrumble:

If i had known it would be gone, i wiuldnt have taken a break. Seriously all the stupid reasons people delete...amd to do it ina post that is actually HELPING people. *sigh*

Quoting melakay1981:

Quoting thetrollcat:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:06 AM

well then perhaps the poster deleted, it was just too nice L:OL

Quoting melakay1981:

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Actually I have seen forums that do that. I dont know why CM doesnt do that so that people understand things better... 

Quoting boldrumble:

Because it usually isnnt cm. Plus...cm deletes comments before they go for the whole post. Unless in the past half hour while i was sorting and putting laundry away all of the helpful/discussion type comments about chores turned into an allout brawl...i doubt it was cm.

This is why i have always said...and even suggested...that when a post is deleted you should be taken to a page that says either "this post was deleted by the OP" or "this post was deleted by CM admins because you adults keep acting like children" (although that last part could be worded better.

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:08 AM

LOL! That very well could be. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

well then perhaps the poster deleted, it was just too nice L:OL

Quoting melakay1981:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)