Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lady you had 3 kids not 2!! I just don't get it...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 155 Replies
My mother is a piece of work and I don't even know where to begin. I just recently found out my mother has a Life Insurance Policy where my older sister and I are her beneficiaries. The problem is my mother gave birth to 3 children NOT 2 so why is my younger sibling not named as a beneficiary as well? My sister and I are so confused because everyone she comes into contact with she only mentions her 2 daughters myself and my sister. Yes they have an estranged relationship but that doesn't mean cut them out completely.
*back story: my mother has 3 kids with 3 different men. Our younger siblings father was murdered when she was 3. My mother wasn't in the best financial situation to raise 3 kids so she was sent to live with her fathers mother in another state. Fast forward my younger sibling is 18 years old doing very well (my sister and I have been keeping up with her since she left) and we couldn't be more proud of the young adult she turned out to be. Since she has been gone my mother has not called, sent a letter, money,nothing!
My mother was recently married and I one day brought up my younger sibling to her new husbands family and they were confused. They had no idea we had a younger sister.
Are you fucking kidding me lady! Who fails to mention that they have 3 children instead of 2. Just because they aren't around doesn't mean they don't exist! It pisses me off but my sister and I have talked it over amongst ourselves that when she does pass instead of splitting the insurance policy 2 ways it will be 3. She's entitled to that money just as equally as we are. My mother has no clue what our plans are for the money just in case.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM
10 moms liked this
It sounds like your mom has some issues that she isn't wanting to face... Since you are all adults I would just concentrate on being a good sister because I am not sure there is anything else you can do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM
3 moms liked this
That's horrible of her but good for you for including her!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM
5 moms liked this

So when your mother passes away then you 2 ladies can divide the money equally between all 3 of you.

Your mom is an ASS

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Oh yeah she has big issues! We wish we were able to take care of our sister but we were kids so we couldn't :( it still bothers us how the entire situation went down but she knows we love her and we're here for her.

Quoting Schleetle:

It sounds like your mom has some issues that she isn't wanting to face... Since you are all adults I would just concentrate on being a good sister because I am not sure there is anything else you can do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Big time! When I found out about the policy I was so confused but we're not leaving her out.

Quoting Sassy762:

So when your mother passes away then you 2 ladies can divide the money equally between all 3 of you.

Your mom is an ASS

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Yeah she's an asshole! If I were her I would make sure that 3 child was included because of our relationship but nope... She's crazy :(

Quoting mewebb82:

That's horrible of her but good for you for including her!
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM

This.

You can only change your response.  Your mother has her reasons, whether you agree with them or not.  (I didn't say they were "good" reasons)

Quoting Schleetle:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Oh I know and the part that kills me is in every situation she tries to play the victim and I'm like lady who are you trying to fool

Quoting kryptomom:

This.

You can only change your response.  Your mother has her reasons, whether you agree with them or not.  (I didn't say they were "good" reasons)

Quoting Schleetle:

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I have never met your mom but I don't like her at all !  What a horrible person to exclude one of her girls.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Lol join the club anything she touches turns to shit. We just started communicating after not seeing or talking to each other for 2 years. She's the type of parent you keep at a very far distance.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I have never met your mom but I don't like her at all !  What a horrible person to exclude one of her girls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN