Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wouldnt the world be a better place, without religion.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Who agrees it should be banned throughout the world.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Replies (321-329):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:28 AM

I have often thought the same thing. But churches in America do a LOT of good, so you have to consider that too. Any religion that teaches hatred and Sharia law and Jihad is beyond evil!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Huh.  I am Liberal and I am a Christian. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Liberals are always telling society, especially Christians, to be more open minded... Maybe liberals need to be a little more open minded themselves..that maybe, just maybe Christians are right... Maybe there is a higher power out here who created us, loves us, and wants to be a part of our lives.... Maybe if liberals would just "believe"...

http://youtu.be/z-k8GzwK6n4

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:36 AM
No. If I don't force religion on people why should other force me to stop believing in my religion or take it away from me?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Syphon
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:37 AM
2 moms liked this

Religion, no religion, people will still find something to fight about.  Look at cafemom.    I could probably put up a post right now that says I love unicorns and someone would find something negative to say about it.

ShonAnimeMom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Did the pot just call the kettle black???? I am a liberal!..I believe in a higher power... I just don't shout out what I have faith in! I am sorry to say.. but look at most of the people shouting with the name "Christian" attached to them... more than half of your ranks say hateful things! So.. Be more open minded! Learn that not all believe the way you do and because they don't ... doesn't mean they believe in nothing...

have a nice day

Quoting Anonymous:

Liberals are always telling society, especially Christians, to be more open minded... Maybe liberals need to be a little more open minded themselves..that maybe, just maybe Christians are right... Maybe there is a higher power out here who created us, loves us, and wants to be a part of our lives.... Maybe if liberals would just "believe"...

http://youtu.be/z-k8GzwK6n4

fanci64
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:08 AM

That may be were greedfull hate arises from but not hate in general. Hate in general arises from ones indoctrinated beliefs and that wholeheartedly comes from religion and ones taught belief system.  Life is to precious to waste what time the universe has given me to not spend every moment being the best me that I can be.  I learned these valuable lessons from my mom not some man written book. I taught these lessons to my children and they are teaching it to theirs, without religion, without fear of religion, with love and hope and caring for all of your fellow man, without blinders seeing the world and the people in it for who and what they are, good and bad. 

Every War since the beginning of time has been due, in at least some part, to religion and hate and the discord that it brings. 

You have the right to see it your way, and thankfully I and many others see it clearly and our list is getting bigger everyday of people seeing the light, so to speak. 

fanci64
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Why is it that the religious people on this post think that without their religion they would have no moral compass or belief system. Im a very moral person and non of it comes from religion, it comes from wanting to be a good person, to help others, to be there for my family and friends or the stranger looking directions or a warm coat.

It is very sad to me that all these people only feel they have morals because someone told them they do. 

witchybabymomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I do not think religion should be banned. I do think it could make the world a better place if people stopped using it to judge and abuse people with different belief systems, but that is not the fault of religion itselfs, but of the people who choose to act negatively based on what they feel they are "obligated" to do to show their beliefs.

Plethorarosie
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:48 AM

If you want to get rid of JWs, tell them you are a 'goat'.   It's a term they use for unbelievers. I used to be heavy into that cult.  Once they think you're a goat, they can NOT have contact with you.  I'm a goat to them...because I used to believe their teachings, and then I found Christ.  

Quoting Refurbished:

I don't think it should be banned to believe in religion, people should be free to believe what they want -- but I would like proselytizing to be banned.  It's okay to have a religion, I just don't want people trying to force me to convert to it.  Right now I'm on the Jehovah's Witness contact agenda, and they are really pissing me off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)