Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be upset if someone gave your 9 y/o this?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM
  • 192 Replies

My DD turned 9 on Wed. and her birthday party was Saturday afternoon. My Ex's family didn't come, except for his dad, step-mom, and adult step-sister. The adult step sister got DD a bunch of Victoria's Secret make-up, body spray, and a VS gift card! I wasn't mad really, just... surprised. Who gets a nine year old girl that stuff? Thoughts? Would you be upset if your DD got this stuff? Btw, DD knows what VS is, but has zero interest in having it.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I see nothing wrong with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:23 AM
4 moms liked this
I would be pretty upset about that! I believe I would have returned the things and got her something more age appropriate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't know if I'd be upset but I'd be extremely confused. Who the hell thinks to get that for a 9 year old....thats just weird.

But hey, looks like you got a gift card for victoria secret out of the awkwardness lol

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM
3 moms liked this
I like the Pink clothes and perfume and lip gloss and yes my 9 year old wears it all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Keep the gc for yourself and buy you something. My 8 yr old has make up, just not aloud to wear it out of the house.
anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I think their body spray and makeup are okay for that age... I mean, as long as you (mom) make sure she's using it age appropriately. And it can get pricey, hence the gift card for refills.... 

Then again, she could have just been re-gifting, which is cool too, like I said, there is nothing saying a9yo cant use the beauty supplies... 

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Quoting notjstasocermom:

I see nothing wrong with it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:25 AM

No I would not be upset. A bit surprised?  Yes.

soliderwife
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know if I'd be upset but I'd be extremely confused. Who the hell thinks to get that for a 9 year old....thats just weird.

But hey, looks like you got a gift card for victoria secret out of the awkwardness lol

Mommy383
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:25 AM
6 moms liked this
And we wonder why kids don't act their age. Vs is a little too racy for a nine year old in my opinion. I didn't shop there until I was old enough to buy it with my own money. Now if it was bath and body works that would be fine. I hate going to VS and seeing ten year old girls shopping.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured