Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gettong very tired of this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
3 days a week I work way too late to cook dinner. I don't get home until after dd is already asleep. One of these days dd stays with my dad, the other two nights dh is off work. It's almost like pulling teeth to get dh to make dinner!! I admit sometimes he does but most likely, he won't. We are currently low on groceries. (Today is payday) I call dh when I am done at work because he wasn't answering his text and its almost 10pm (Saturdays I get off at midnight, Sundays at 10pm and Mondays around 10:30) on Mondays I have been working almost 14 hours to get my full hours at work. So.. last night he didn't cook.. he said he was waiting till 10 cuz he "thought" I wouldn't be home till 11, WTF, I've been working the same weekend shifts for almost 2 years.... when I get home, he's asleep!! So he wakes up and he's just sitting there so I finally just make some hash browns and eggs. He tells me he will make muffins before he goes to bed so I can eat something before work. He doesn't make them, but now as I'm getting dressed for work he starts to make them... -_- just had to get that out, because fighting about it hasn't changed shit.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM
What does dd eat when he doesn't cook?
He sounds lazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM

That would drive me crazy, and I'd tell him that he was crazy if he thought I would be cooking anything for him on the nights I have off. 

leavinglasvegas
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM

What is your daughter eating for dinner?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM
What does your daughter eat on those nights?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Either get used to it or leave. I am in the process of doing the latter. 

When DH worked..I had dinner ready every night, a cup of coffee for him every morning...to show him how much I appreciate all he does. 

Then he lost his job...and I started working. He cooked dinner for me one night. That's it. After that, he pretty much sat around all day on the Xbox. 

Peace. Out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:38 AM
He is.. he sometimes cleans and he does our laundry because we don't have our own washer/dryer but once we do I doubt he will do much laundry. I cut him slack most of the week because he works overnights but on his off days he should do more.. last night he said dd ate ravioli and then asked for a sandwich. I work fulltime too and still cook and clean. I do miss being a SAHM but I love my job too, most of the time lol

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

He sounds lazy.
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Tell him you need help. He needs to put on his big boy underoos and pitch in more or find a second job so you can stay home and take care of dd and the house.
That is not a healthy, balanced meal. Maybe think of cutting up fruits and veggies and keeping them in containers that they can add to whatever she has for dinner.

Quoting Anonymous:

He is.. he sometimes cleans and he does our laundry because we don't have our own washer/dryer but once we do I doubt he will do much laundry. I cut him slack most of the week because he works overnights but on his off days he should do more.. last night he said dd ate ravioli and then asked for a sandwich. I work fulltime too and still cook and clean. I do miss being a SAHM but I love my job too, most of the time lol

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

He sounds lazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:42 AM
i'm actually kind of mad at my dh right now because of that.

if i close at work, he just makes a box of mac & cheese, a veggie and a hot dog for him and ds.

or they'll have grilled cheese sandwiches.

i'm like, come on. seriously? make something so there's some leftovers, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I've brought up the second job thing.. I don't think I'll get started on that. We normally do have better food. But have been behind from our hours being cut in January, but I get to grocery shop after work tonight :) I will hopefully be starting a different job soon that will allow me to be home more often but at a higher hourly pay so I won't lose money. If this crap keeps going on we will have a serious talk. I just needed to vent because I didn't have the energy to talk last night. Yay time for work.

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Tell him you need help. He needs to put on his big boy underoos and pitch in more or find a second job so you can stay home and take care of dd and the house.

That is not a healthy, balanced meal. Maybe think of cutting up fruits and veggies and keeping them in containers that they can add to whatever she has for dinner.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

He sounds lazy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)