Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms that work 55+ hours a week or more ...

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 3 Replies

I fell like im never home! I live in my office and just feel so tired all the time. Im out the door by 7am and home by 6pm. With travel my days are 11 hours - 6 days a week. So im either working or traveling to work 66-67 hours a week. Then once home from work i get about 2 hours to cook, straighten up (no clean but wash a few dishes while cooking, pick up some toys and crap/clutter in the living room, etc) do ds home work with him, then bath and bedtime for him. Sundays are my only day home with my family and my only day to get things done like laundry, really clean the house, have family fun out, grocery shopping and running errands. There just isnt enough time in the day! 

What are some things that help you keep going?

Do you feel overwhelmed at times?

Do you still do the cooking and cleaning when you get home?

You ever feel like doing nothing on your only day off (if you have one)?

Sometimes i feel guilty for wanting to just be lazy on my sundays. Like i just want to sit on the couch and not move a muscle. Ds wants me to chase him, but i just want to sit there with a nice quilt and watch movies with him.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I work from home but work long hours. Last few weeks have been 12+ hours each day. We had cleaning people but to help save extra money for a home purchase in a few months had to go back to cleaning myself. There really are not enough hours to get everything done!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I wish there were 2 of me some times. I get so tempted to call out.. but i dont. We are supposed to be hiring some one new to take over the saturday shifts and work mondays with me so i can have a 1/2 day on monday. But i dont know when that will happen.

Quoting sorcha1945:

I work from home but work long hours. Last few weeks have been 12+ hours each day. We had cleaning people but to help save extra money for a home purchase in a few months had to go back to cleaning myself. There really are not enough hours to get everything done!

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
If you can afford even twice a month for cleaning to happen I highly recomend it. Makes the few hours you have not working a little less stressful

Quoting gabeybaby07:

I wish there were 2 of me some times. I get so tempted to call out.. but i dont. We are supposed to be hiring some one new to take over the saturday shifts and work mondays with me so i can have a 1/2 day on monday. But i dont know when that will happen.

Quoting sorcha1945:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured