Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Do You Deal With Pain?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Do you have a low or high pain tolerance?  If you deal with chronic pain how do you push through it daily??   What do you take to get through it if anything?  Just curious how others deal with pain.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Low tolerance. I take pain pills without them I wouldn't be able to get out of bed.
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I don't know what kind of tolerance I have but my pain just becomes a part of my life. I just accept it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Right now I'm not dealing. I'm.screaming, broken bones...
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I have a very high tolerance for pain.

There was a time when my spinal process (the bone that sticks off of your spine) broke off and got in between my discs causing the disc to herniate and rip, causing the disc to pinch my nerve.  The pain was the worst I have ever experienced.  I was literally dragging my leg.  I was pregnant so nothing could be done.  I had two other children at that point that I had to take care of.  I forced myself out of bed everyday.  I finally had emergency surgery.  I woke up and the relief was instant.

I had three emergency surgeries for my back since then.  One of the surgeries caused paralyasis in my left leg and constinant, stabbing, throbbing, shooting, burning pain in my foot.  There was no reilef, not even with medicine. I am still dealing with that.  I'm so used to it now though.  Some days the pain is unbearable and I take medicine.  Other days I just grin and bear it.

All of my doctors are amazed at how well I handle the pain.  They tell me that they have see patients daily that have injuries that are not nearly as horrible and painful as mine but they handle it so differently.  They really appreciate my high pain tolerance (especially since they are the ones who did this to me).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN