Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

going blind. and mad as hell!! **UPDATE**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

For the past couple of weeks i have been losing my vision. It just comes andgoes. One second everything will be fine, the next i go completely blind. So i finally am able to go to the eye dr bc my income tax came back. I asked my mother to drive me and watch the kids during the exam. Its probably not best that i drive. She whines and complains that she doesnt want to, she lives 2 miles from me. So i asked her to come over and watch them, she doesnt want to. Well my DH came home early from work, asked him to either come or watch the kids, doesnt want to. I feel like i do fucking everything and when i really need the help no one gives a shit. Im so mad. My vision is important, its not like i have a toothache. I cant fucking SEE. After crying on the phone my mother finally agreed to come sit with them, but that i cant take to long. Im in tears bc im so frustrated.

*update* my DH finally agreed to go, after lots of eye rolling. So i called my mother and told her. She screamed at me for "thinking only of myself" and when i started crying she hung up on me. I admit that i tend to be a floormat and i shy away from confrontation. I know im meek and im working on it. Ive just had it! This is serious and i feel like they dont give a rats ass that im afraid. 

**UPDATE**I Just left the eye dr. Im now waiting on the neurolgist. I have been having mini strokes, that is what was causing the blindness. Im confused bc i am only 25, in good health, i do occasionally smoke, but other than that im healthy!! IDK. Im just so scared.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM

not excusing it. just saying that we were taught to be that way. women stay home with kids, cook, and clean. Men go to work.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Why are you excusing your husband's neglence with 'culture'? 
I hope you find some answers as to what this could be, and soon.  

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

BFE Tn. Its a small community, i got married really really young. Now that im 26 i know there is another world out there. 

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah..... most of the time. But where im from, all the men are. Its a cultural thing for them to not take care of the kids, other than provide a paycheck.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

Your husband is a fucking asshole.

Where are you from that this is ok?

Huh. I live in TN, but in Nashville. I don't know much about the hillbilly population (not that you're a hillbilly lol). Idk. I couldn't live in a marriage like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I far away from nashville. Biggest city ive been to is Shelbyville not really...but really.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

BFE Tn. Its a small community, i got married really really young. Now that im 26 i know there is another world out there. 

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah..... most of the time. But where im from, all the men are. Its a cultural thing for them to not take care of the kids, other than provide a paycheck.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

Huh. I live in TN, but in Nashville. I don't know much about the hillbilly population (not that you're a hillbilly lol). Idk. I couldn't live in a marriage like that.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM

That just really sucks.  Sounds too me like your DH and mom are the ones who think only of themselves.  Hope you're able to get there and that the docs can figure out what's causing it.  I had the same thought as another person here - BP spikes - but there are so many other things that it could be.  Good luck and keep us posted.  *** Hugs ***

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I far away from nashville. Biggest city ive been to is Shelbyville not really...but really.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

Lol. That's ok. Until my dh, then boyfriend, moved to Fl I had never been to a city bigger than 100,000 people. 

I'm all for traditional households, if that is what both people want. But that doesn't mean that the man can be an ass and not help out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Isnt that expensive?? We dont have insurance. 

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

You could have had hubby watch the kids when you went.

Or you could call 9-11.

If my vision was going and I couldn't drive and all that was going down I would call 9-11 and give hubby no choice but to take care of the kids. I really hope everything turns out for the best mama.

amber_jean101
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Wow ... that really stinks it would be such a big deal for anyone to help!

Have you gone to the doctor over losing your vision like that? My mom had that happen to her and she actually had a disease that she almost died from. I am not saying that is what it is but... Loosing vision like that I wouldnt think would be because of a vision problem. I get white spots in my vision at times usually when I havent eaten enough from my sugar being low... It does block out most of my vision but comes back.... My mom on the other hand was sick and would just loose her eye sight out of nowhere i remember once while she was driving she started screaming Amber I cant see tell me where to drive if I am going to hit anything... It only got worse until she went to the doctors.  An eye doctor should be able to tell you if they see anything wrong though. Wheather it is just somthing that can be corrected easily or not you need someone to be there with you. I hope everything goes well!

And no matter how hard it is stand up for yourself I used to just sit back and let people treat me like that too I wont allow it anymore and it has stopped. No one deserves to be treated like that!

Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Hun, it is your eyesight. Personally I can careless how expensive it would be. If I was going blind, I would be doing what I have to do to figure it out. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Isnt that expensive?? We dont have insurance. 

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

You could have had hubby watch the kids when you went.

Or you could call 9-11.

If my vision was going and I couldn't drive and all that was going down I would call 9-11 and give hubby no choice but to take care of the kids. I really hope everything turns out for the best mama.

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM
This! Where are you?!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's horrible! I'd take you :(

Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Wow. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)