Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

going blind. and mad as hell!! **UPDATE**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

For the past couple of weeks i have been losing my vision. It just comes andgoes. One second everything will be fine, the next i go completely blind. So i finally am able to go to the eye dr bc my income tax came back. I asked my mother to drive me and watch the kids during the exam. Its probably not best that i drive. She whines and complains that she doesnt want to, she lives 2 miles from me. So i asked her to come over and watch them, she doesnt want to. Well my DH came home early from work, asked him to either come or watch the kids, doesnt want to. I feel like i do fucking everything and when i really need the help no one gives a shit. Im so mad. My vision is important, its not like i have a toothache. I cant fucking SEE. After crying on the phone my mother finally agreed to come sit with them, but that i cant take to long. Im in tears bc im so frustrated.

*update* my DH finally agreed to go, after lots of eye rolling. So i called my mother and told her. She screamed at me for "thinking only of myself" and when i started crying she hung up on me. I admit that i tend to be a floormat and i shy away from confrontation. I know im meek and im working on it. Ive just had it! This is serious and i feel like they dont give a rats ass that im afraid. 

**UPDATE**I Just left the eye dr. Im now waiting on the neurolgist. I have been having mini strokes, that is what was causing the blindness. Im confused bc i am only 25, in good health, i do occasionally smoke, but other than that im healthy!! IDK. Im just so scared.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Sorry. Youre right. My kids need me to be able to see to. I shouldnt worry about the money. And as you can tell by my still comenting, i have yet to go. I got kids ready and waiting on DH. He would be so mad if i called 911...hmmm maybe i should.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Hun, it is your eyesight. Personally I can careless how expensive it would be. If I was going blind, I would be doing what I have to do to figure it out. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Isnt that expensive?? We dont have insurance. 

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

You could have had hubby watch the kids when you went.

Or you could call 9-11.

If my vision was going and I couldn't drive and all that was going down I would call 9-11 and give hubby no choice but to take care of the kids. I really hope everything turns out for the best mama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Thanks ladies. Wish i had friends like ya'll!!

Quoting Anonymous:

This! Where are you?!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's horrible! I'd take you :(

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I'm sorry I've had the same issues :/ it's horribly scary I am so sorry, hope everything turns out ok.please please let me know what you find out!! & i hope your family comes to their senses!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HisAngel91
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Sorry for the family. My mom is blind so i know what its like trying to get a ride and someone to watch kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lalalie
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM

What the?

It is dangerous for you to drive when your vision is troubling you!

Someone needs to help you. Sure, your mom wants to be a bitch but... your fucking DH? No excuse! None!

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM

sorry they both sound like asshoels. 

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Get your ass to the doctor.  Vision changes can be a warning sign of stroke.  You can't take care of your kids anymore if you're dead. Other reasons for sudden vision loss include:

None of these are to be trifled with or put off.

Once your physical issues are taken care of seek counseling for self-esteem issues and how to handle confrontation.

~~~There are two theories for arguing with me. Neither one works.~~~

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM

And yeah... where are you? I would take you if you are near.

Quoting Purgatorian:

Get your ass to the doctor.  Vision changes can be a warning sign of stroke.  You can't take care of your kids anymore if you're dead. Other reasons for sudden vision loss include:

None of these are to be trifled with or put off.

Once your physical issues are taken care of seek counseling for self-esteem issues and how to handle confrontation.

~~~There are two theories for arguing with me. Neither one works.~~~

annasew
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM

they are both acting like asshats.    You need to get you a backbone momma!   Stop letting them wipe their feet on you.

daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I feel like coming and b*tch slapping your dh and your mother. 

Let us know how your appt goes.  Do you get migraines or anything?  headaches? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)