Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Engagement rings

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 4 Replies
So.....s/o has been touching more and more on the subject of marriage. However, with things he's been saying, I wanted to reassure him that I don't want a big, fancy, expensive ring......at all. My set from my ex was gorgeous....and pricey. Well, at least in my opinion, it was a little over $4k. But, looking back, that was what my ex did. He'd fuck up and buy me something. He would spend lots of money, but no time.

I don't want that again(not saying s/o is anything like that).

I showed him something that I liked last night. The center stone is morganite, and it only has diamond accents. It's also cheap. He honestly seemed kind of offended. He's aware that've makes substantially less money than my ex did. However, unlike my ex, he doesn't drink or gamble, and we are honestly living more comfortably than I did before.

Has anyone else gone throu something like this? How do you get them to understand that having a huge rock isn't a big deal. At all. He's so much more important to me than a ring.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:41 AM

New Message

The ring I like......
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Is your ex's name Paul? If so, we dated the same guy. Lol

No, I didn't have any issues telling my DF I wanted something simple & classic, nothing fancy & absolutely nothing too expensive.
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Nope, Ray. LOL

I'm trying to get it through Owen's head that I'm not looking at what I like because it's cheaper and I think that is what he can afford.....<----his words.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I didn't have any issues telling my DF I wanted something simple & classic, nothing fancy & absolutely nothing too expensive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Then show him what you really like no matter the price. If it's too expensive, he'll likely shut up. Lol

Quoting JenB1983:

Nope, Ray. LOL

I'm trying to get it through Owen's head that I'm not looking at what I like because it's cheaper and I think that is what he can afford.....<----his words.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured