Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how long were you in labor?

Posted by   + Show Post
Tell me how long you were in labor. How long were you pushing? With my first i was in labor for 11 hours and pushed for about 5 minutes. Second baby i was is labor for 4 hours and pushed for maybe ten minutes.

Another question. The cord was wrapped around my sons nexk when he came out. Did this happen to anyone else? He is perfectly fine btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
Amybarnhart11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

With my first I was in labor for 9 hours and pushed three times.

With my second I was in labor about 7 hours and pushed for about 10 minutes.

I was induced with both and they were surprisingly easy labors.

Ladyteancum
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

14 hours at the hospital with both kids. With DD, I had been in preterm labor for 8 weeks. It never stopped.  My daughter's cord was wrapped around her neck. I pushed four times with DD.  

Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I was in labor for 2.5 days with my first and don't remember how long I puched.  I was too bloody tired to think.  I was in labor for 10 hours with my second.

I was induced for both.  I don't go into labor naturally.  Plus, no pain meds.  They didn't believe in them back then.

levansbx
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Started having contractions Monday night.
Admitted into the hospital Wednesday night.
Dd was born at 6:20 Thursday morning after pushing for an hour and a half and no sleep since Monday night. Crazy. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Over 15 hours spent 2 hours just pushing 

luvmymonkeys27
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM

With my first, about 4.5 hours, 10 mins pushing. With my second, 2 hours and only 3 pushes and she was out!

JMCorbin84
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I was in labor from 4am to 11:15pm and pushed for 2 hours, the labor nurse was kind enough to tell me that I was doing it wrong which is why it was taking so long. We thought the cord might be wrapped around dd's neck bc her heart rate kept dropping almost to nothing before I started pushing, but everything was fine.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM

My first I was in labor eight hours.  Pushed for maybe ten minutes, the cord was around  her neck so they had to use the vacuum to get her out.  Second one, in labor for four hours, three or four pushes and he was out.  Third one, 2hours of labor...and she kinda slid out...I don't really recall pushing all that much...she was ready!!

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM
First water broke at 11 PM, contractions didn't really start till 3 AM, started pushing around 2 PM & she wasn't delivered till 3:24 PM. 16.5 hrs total

Second water broke at 7 PM, contractions didn't start till 8 PM, started pushing just shy of 10 PM, born at 10:05. 3 hours total.
StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1st, labor was almost 72 hours, active from start to finish. Pushed for 5 mins.
^^ Easiest labor ever, barely painful.

These two, water broke, (PROM) and labor had to be started by Pit.
2nd, labor was 12 hours, pushed for 4:15 mins

3rd, labor was 10 hours and pushed for 3.20 mins.. She came out bruised all over her face from coming out so fast.
^^Hell on earth
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)