Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how long were you in labor?

Posted by   + Show Post
Tell me how long you were in labor. How long were you pushing? With my first i was in labor for 11 hours and pushed for about 5 minutes. Second baby i was is labor for 4 hours and pushed for maybe ten minutes.

Another question. The cord was wrapped around my sons nexk when he came out. Did this happen to anyone else? He is perfectly fine btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Replies (141-146):
Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM

27 hours ended in emergency c-section
repeat c-section
repeat c-section
repeat c-section

According to some I never had kids bc I never gave birth so I dont know who the hell kids these are! lol

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM

technically with my frist I was in labor for about 24 hours.. although it was only painful for about 8 of those hours..  (well minus another 2 for the 2 hours the epidural made me feel a ton better, lol). I believe it took me about 10 minutes to push her out.

With my second.. I was in "labor" for just under 8 hours.. (water broke at noon).. but my contractions didn't really start to become noticable until around 4pm.. and were pretty tolerable until 6PM.. then it started to really hurt! lol. She came out at 7:50pm. In under a minute, after 3 pushes... (she would have been born at 7:30pm if we could have gotten the doctor down to the room at that time when I was actually READY to push!!!, but she was MIA and my mom had literally just gotten to the end of the bed, and ready to deliver the baby herself because we couldn't find anyone!!! Worst hospital experience ever!! (no, not the same hospital I delivered my first born, although thankfully they've since closed the paternity ward in this hospital). 

No the cord wasn't wrapped around either of their necks. 

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM

No, I waited and let dh shower before we went to the hospital. Had I known things were going to go so fast I would have made him go as he was because as soon as we got the hospital I could tell that I was about to deliver. lol 

Quoting Mel0dy:

I had that as well. You said you were in labor for 1 hour and 40 mins, were you at the hospital that whole time? cuz the meds for GSB still work if the mom only gets it for a hour. They like it to be 4 hours but 1 hour works as well 

Quoting sheena696:

Group B Strep, it's a bacterial infection that can get passed to the baby during delivery. Luckily we didn't have an issues like that. 

Quoting Sept-babies2:

What is gbs?

Quoting sheena696:

Docs are notorious about omitting info. When I had my daughter I had no idea that I had tested positive for the GBS test. I only found out after I heard the nurse who delivered me tell the nursery nurse that they didn't have time to give me that antibiotic. 

Quoting Sept-babies2:

The doctors didn't tell me that the cord was around his neck. I giuess they didn't want me to panic. My bd told me after.

Quoting sheena696:

With my first I was in labor a little under 8 hours and actually pushed maybe 5-10 minutes. Not long at all. With my second I was in labor for about 1 hour and 40 minutes (that time is debatable since no one took down the time of birth since things were so crazy) and pushed less than 5 minutes. My daughter was in a hurry. lol Never had an issues with the cord. 

Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Oh I see lol I waited before I went to the hospital as well ( I was scared lol) I was 8 1/2 cms when I finally went lol. I wont wait with my next one, I dont want the samething happening to me lol that would be scary 

Quoting sheena696:

No, I waited and let dh shower before we went to the hospital. Had I known things were going to go so fast I would have made him go as he was because as soon as we got the hospital I could tell that I was about to deliver. lol 

Quoting Mel0dy:

I had that as well. You said you were in labor for 1 hour and 40 mins, were you at the hospital that whole time? cuz the meds for GSB still work if the mom only gets it for a hour. They like it to be 4 hours but 1 hour works as well 

Quoting sheena696:

Group B Strep, it's a bacterial infection that can get passed to the baby during delivery. Luckily we didn't have an issues like that. 

Quoting Sept-babies2:

What is gbs?

Quoting sheena696:

Docs are notorious about omitting info. When I had my daughter I had no idea that I had tested positive for the GBS test. I only found out after I heard the nurse who delivered me tell the nursery nurse that they didn't have time to give me that antibiotic. 

Quoting Sept-babies2:

The doctors didn't tell me that the cord was around his neck. I giuess they didn't want me to panic. My bd told me after.

Quoting sheena696:

With my first I was in labor a little under 8 hours and actually pushed maybe 5-10 minutes. Not long at all. With my second I was in labor for about 1 hour and 40 minutes (that time is debatable since no one took down the time of birth since things were so crazy) and pushed less than 5 minutes. My daughter was in a hurry. lol Never had an issues with the cord. 

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I know the way we give birth isn't genetic but I feel like part of me should have expected it because my mother had 3 and each delivery she barely made it to the hospital. lol I don't think any of us were delivered by a doc. I know for sure that I wasn't. I figure if we do decide to have another I probably shouldn't even bother and just have a home birth. lol

Quoting Mel0dy:

Oh I see lol I waited before I went to the hospital as well ( I was scared lol) I was 8 1/2 cms when I finally went lol. I wont wait with my next one, I dont want the samething happening to me lol that would be scary 

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting Sept-babies2:

What is gbs?

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting Sept-babies2:

Quoting sheena696:

Ameretto13
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I had contractions for eight hours with ds, pushed for about twenty minutes. Ds's cord was wrapped around his neck which is part of why he took so long coming out, the other part was I wasn't big enough for his head to pass through easily and he ended up ripping me because he really wanted to come out... My dd, contractions started the night before stopped for about 10 hours and then started again 2 hours and 59 minutes before she was born. I pushed ONCE. Not for one minute, just ONCE and she was out. She crowned and pushed herself out for the most part. 

Both caused ripping, both caused stitches... 8 with ds and 13 with dd. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN