Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how long were you in labor?

Posted by   + Show Post
Tell me how long you were in labor. How long were you pushing? With my first i was in labor for 11 hours and pushed for about 5 minutes. Second baby i was is labor for 4 hours and pushed for maybe ten minutes.

Another question. The cord was wrapped around my sons nexk when he came out. Did this happen to anyone else? He is perfectly fine btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Replies (31-40):
athiareece
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM
3 days...c section because wouldnt dialate
Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM

no, both labour and labor are correct depending on where you live.

Quoting Sept-babies2:

Is that how you spell it? Labour...i feel stupid now lol

Quoting lovelyladybump:

I was in labour for 4 hours. I pushed for about a half hour. DS's cord wasn't around his neck.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM

With my first I was in labor a little under 8 hours and actually pushed maybe 5-10 minutes. Not long at all. With my second I was in labor for about 1 hour and 40 minutes (that time is debatable since no one took down the time of birth since things were so crazy) and pushed less than 5 minutes. My daughter was in a hurry. lol Never had an issues with the cord. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Two csections, not a second in labor
slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Technically 28 hours from the time my water broke until she was born. Pushed three times and she was out.
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM

With my first I had prodromal labour (it isnt hard full labour so its not as painful but unlike braxton hicks there is pain. The contractions are very irregular and sometimes stop for hours at a time so don't feel bad for me like I went through hell and back) that lastEd 14 days. Full blown active labour for about 20 hours Pushing was about 15 min. With my second I labored in total 14 hours and pushed for 10-15 min. 

MeAndTommyLee
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM

With our first child I was in labor for 3 hrs and pushed 3 times.  The following 6 kids were pretty much the same.  The last one was scary, though.  Labor just HIT, was not painful, but the pressure was intense.  I barely made it to the hospital and he was born 30 minutes later.

HisAngel91
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM
My first was 11 hrs and pushed for 2 min. My second was 8 hrs and pushed for 5 min.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I was induced and from the time they started pitocin to the time he was born it was only about 9 hrs, 4hrs in active labor. I pushed for maybe 5min and he was out. My midwife went to check me and start practice pushes and she said, OMG I can see his head!

fallenstars
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Dd contractions 3 mins apart for 26 hrs. 10 hrs after water broke till she was born. I pushed for 3 hrs.

Ds 10 hrs total. Contractions for three hrs before my water broke. Water broke at noon ds was born at 731 pm. I pushed maybe 15 mins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN