Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how long were you in labor?

Posted by   + Show Post
Tell me how long you were in labor. How long were you pushing? With my first i was in labor for 11 hours and pushed for about 5 minutes. Second baby i was is labor for 4 hours and pushed for maybe ten minutes.

Another question. The cord was wrapped around my sons nexk when he came out. Did this happen to anyone else? He is perfectly fine btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM

4 1/2 days with oldest pushed for a few hours before I was told that he was too big to fit and had  a c-section then I just  scheduled a section with the other too cause my babies are always big.

dsebastian23
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM

3 hours 42 minutes with my first pushed for 27 minutes, second was 4 hours 9 minutes pushed for 9 minutes, my last two were c-sections....

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Labour is the European and Canadian spelling, labor is the American spelling. Either is acceptable.

Quoting Sept-babies2:

Is that how you spell it? Labour...i feel stupid now lol

Quoting lovelyladybump:

I was in labour for 4 hours. I pushed for about a half hour. DS's cord wasn't around his neck.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Behindthelense
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I was in labor for 7 hours, I don't remember how long I pushed, it wasn't long though.

gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM

DD: in labor for 14hrs, pushed for 40 minutes (had shoulder dystocia)

DS1: in labor for 24hrs, pushed (sort of) for 12 minutes (I pushed once, started to throw up- and he was still coming down- stopped throwing up, pushed 2 more times and he was out)

DS2: in labor for 12hrs, pushed for 10 minutes

No cords wrapped around their necks, but since my DD was kind of stuck, she came out and wasn't breathing. But that's the only issue I had.

Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM

8 hours before csection

6 hours before ccsection 

just went in for a csection 3rd time around. No,labor.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM

36 hours of labor with my first, 2 hours of pushing and ultimately ended in a cesection. 3 hours of labor with my second and like 5 minutes pushing.

salviniata23
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM

with my 1st one i was in labor for 10 hours and pushed in 20mins and my 2nd one i was in labor 4 hours and pushed 5 mins!

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I was induced at 41 weeks 2 days.
I was in labor for 24 hours. Pushed for about 3.
*no cord wrapped. But she wasn't breathing. And they rushed her away with my husband in tow. She was fine but it was the scariest moment of my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinakinakins
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I was in labor for 7 hours, pushed for 5 minutes. I was induced.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)