Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing with your tax refunds?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 45 Replies

We just got ours in the bank today. SO got a little over $3k back (after hospital bills were taken out of his refunds). We're going to Walmart tonight; he's giving me $350 to spend on myself, $250 to spend on DS, then we owe our roommate $200, we're putting $500 on electric/sewer/water, we're paying our gas bill (a whopping $17!), and we're saving the rest to get things we need for around the house and for bills.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kngarber
by Katie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Childcare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM
A new couch! And an iPhone 5 lol. But that's not really waiting on tax money, the timing just happened to be the same.

Oh, and I'm splurging on a cover for the phone that matches my new purse :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

College funds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
We used state for a deep freezer. federal were replacing money in savings i used to buy a new car, putting some in savings to buy a house, we each get $200 for "fun money" (dh is getting a tattoo I'm getting a kindle) and the rest will go to bills/debt...
Shelby212302
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM
We already moved now we are buying things the new house needs and saving the rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShanesMommy2012

Oh, I also might get my son's name tattooed on my upper arm. I was gonna do it on my wrist, but I've been putting in job applications and I don't wanna be "disqualified" from a job because of a tattoo.

lilbit53009

spending money for our trip to miami on thursday and probably a new tattoo when i get back

AleaKat
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Paying off our new roof.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Paying off the new washer and dryer we bought and doing some home improvement projects.

RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Paying for my half of our daughters braces after insurance and the rest went in the savings account. We are saving up for a down payment on the land we want and to build our hobbit house. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured