Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some women do not have the right...

...to claim this title:

Hit Like If You're A Proud Parent!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Would a $10,000 Scholarship change your life? Balancing life, family & your career is overwhelming! Take control of your future back! Click here to apply for a FREE $10,000 Scholarship: http://womenlifestyletips.com/School4Mom
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A friend that I have on Facebook is 18. Her and her husband just had their first baby. They go out to the bar every other night. Her husband is not employed. They constantly pawn their son off on family or friends, just so they can sit home and do nothing. She just posted that picture on her page not that long ago...

Like really? You do not have the right to claim that title. I, on the other hand, do. My son is 7 months, almost 8 months, old. I have not been away from him for more than 5 minutes of his life. I don't pawn him off on people. I don't go out drinking every other night. I do almost everything myself. My SO (his father) pays for his diapers, wipes, etc.  

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Replies (101-108):
Mama2ETA
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I admit i didn't read past the second sentence. ask I'm saying is don't act like you're better when you have no idea. nobody knows the real makings if a family unless you're in it

Quoting redneckmama4:

Wow! I don't see her sayin' that at all.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

You'll soon find out that you are not the perfect mother. Nobody is. Your strengths can be others downfalls and that goes both ways. Good luck with the holier than thou attitude. You'll get yours handed to you some day.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

I never said I have it harder than her. But yes, I am a better mother than she is. Not to mention her son is shy of 2 months old and she posted a video of her husband shaking the crap out of his legs and arms (so that his head was shaking back and forth too) and she was laughing in the background. Like, yes, let's give our child Shaken Baby Syndrome!

Quoting mich.el.le:

Oh, goody! We're playing the ''I have it harder and I'm better than you'' game!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM
The fact they go out all the time and pass baby off a lot speaks volumes to me.

I've seen a lot of families like that and the result is seen in the children, I don't have to live in their homes to see the negative effect it has.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

I admit i didn't read past the second sentence. ask I'm saying is don't act like you're better when you have no idea. nobody knows the real makings if a family unless you're in it

Quoting redneckmama4:

Wow! I don't see her sayin' that at all.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

You'll soon find out that you are not the perfect mother. Nobody is. Your strengths can be others downfalls and that goes both ways. Good luck with the holier than thou attitude. You'll get yours handed to you some day.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

I never said I have it harder than her. But yes, I am a better mother than she is. Not to mention her son is shy of 2 months old and she posted a video of her husband shaking the crap out of his legs and arms (so that his head was shaking back and forth too) and she was laughing in the background. Like, yes, let's give our child Shaken Baby Syndrome!

Quoting mich.el.le:

melissaaytes
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I know people like that!!!  The only time I EVER judge another mom is when they don't take the responsibility of being a mother!!!!  Going out partying and such leaving your kid places is not ok ALL THE TIME!! Sometimes is ok!!  My BIL's ex gf was this way.  She was always going out partying, taking pills, drinking EVERY night and sometimes taking her little boy (6 months) out when she is drinking.  She came over to spend the night with my BIL when we all lived together and they got in a fight at like 1am and both had been drinking with the baby asleep and she ended up leaving with the baby while hammered...I was not awake when this happened or there would be no way I would have let her leave!!!!  And then what made me the saddest was her comment to me one time when I commented on how big he had gotten she said "yea he gets bigger everytime I see him"  WTF that is not a mother to me...I mean come on everytime I see him?  My daughter (now 3) did not stay anywhere until she was 5 months old and that was very rare and only when MIL asked to take her overnight and I called like 6 times to make sure they were oK!!

LaLa_Ivory
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM
lol. ok.
and youre jealous, why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM

;)

Quoting aniters:

Damn! Lol xD

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

I'm a bitch yet you're pissed off because your "acquaintance" gets to go out and you don't. Sit down bitch you have a lot to learn. :).

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Yup. Bow down, bitch. 

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Who says she shouldn't? You? Oh holy one?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

No but she shouldnt do it every other day. 

Quoting DanaG70:

Being a mother doesn't mean you can't go out and have a drink or go to bars.

Quoting Bero2007:

Why is she going out to a bar if she's 18 let alone a mother?

RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM

It's my very favorite game! 

Quoting mich.el.le:

----------------------------------------------------------

i'm experiencing Deja Moo: The feeling that i've heard this bullplop before. 

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM

So....you can't be a mom while having some "me" time or going out?

Gotcha.

For what its worth, you seem pretty bitter.

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM
& "acquaintances" apparently too.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

It's how I stay connected with family.  

Quoting Anonymous:

But FB is about shameless self promotion and drama.  Why would you have expected anything different?  Why are you on there?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)