Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some women do not have the right...

...to claim this title:

Hit Like If You're A Proud Parent!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Would a $10,000 Scholarship change your life? Balancing life, family & your career is overwhelming! Take control of your future back! Click here to apply for a FREE $10,000 Scholarship: http://womenlifestyletips.com/School4Mom
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A friend that I have on Facebook is 18. Her and her husband just had their first baby. They go out to the bar every other night. Her husband is not employed. They constantly pawn their son off on family or friends, just so they can sit home and do nothing. She just posted that picture on her page not that long ago...

Like really? You do not have the right to claim that title. I, on the other hand, do. My son is 7 months, almost 8 months, old. I have not been away from him for more than 5 minutes of his life. I don't pawn him off on people. I don't go out drinking every other night. I do almost everything myself. My SO (his father) pays for his diapers, wipes, etc.  

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
Lalalie
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I love when people use their children as excuses, or seem to think it makes them 'super person' because they did something natural, like go through child birth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM
There's a happy medium!! We out once a month and have the kids spend the night at the in-laws and go to Vegas once a year. We need a break. It doesn't make us a bad parents. I think you are a better if you get that beak.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM

eye rolling

ShanesMommy2012
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I answered this a couple times now.

Quoting EvilAsh:

Well, parents deserve a break too. I never think I'm any better than anyone else because I don't get time away from my kids. I chose to be a mother. I knew we have no family that would take the kids EVER. My mother in law took them once and my youngest is soon to be 3 years. 

My question...how is she going to the bar and whatnot when she's a teenager?

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I don't worry about what other moms post.  But this whole comparison thing is why I don't have a lot of mom friends.  I don't like the comparing...who is better? I've got enough guilt in my life already without comparing myself to anyone.  If someone posted this and I truly felt she was that awful of a mother I'd probably either just delete her or if I was close to her try to help her.  You're not close to her so just delete her and move on.  Life is too short to worry about this sort of thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I will never understand why so many people insist on getting all butt hurt over crap posted online, especially Facebook.  I still can't believe so many people over 18 are so stuck on that site.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I don't think anyone should post that. Haha, I find it stupid.
Anyone can have friends and still be a good mom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
numberliving
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Since when have you had to be glued to your kids to be wonderful parents?

Parents of babies have a lot to learn. And I'll give you a little advice from someone who raised her kids.

You can still be wonderful parents if you go out. Once twice or three times a week.

You don't want to lose you. You're more than a mother and some many moms of young kids forget that and their lives become so engrossed into their children.

Going out not gojng out doesn't matter anything to me. Someone who stays with their kids could ignore them or beat them just as someone who goes out could be very attentive and loving.

You moms have a lot of learning and growing to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM

hey,my ss's mom posts stuff on her FB about her awesome sons, how she gives up her life for her kids, and out of 5 kids, she only has custody of one...she hasnt even seen my stepson since 2006 or talked to him since 2009

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:36 PM

so looking at the replies i bet by now u wish u didnt  post this. my advice is just ignore the people who you know are bad parents . you know in your heart that  you are a good mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)