Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That will go over like a lead balloon...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I broke up with my bf in August. He was just crazy. Soooo possessive and controlling, it was really borderline abusive. His friends didn't know that side of him. They just saw the fun, awesome guy.

Well I keep running into his best friends gf around town and she wants us to be friends and hang out. She keeps inviting me out and sending me requests on fb. She's really nice, and I would love to be friends with her..but my ex will competely go off. She doesn't understand bc she's never seen it. But I know he will. It will ruin their friendship.

How can I make understand without telling all of his crazy horror stories?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Bump
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Tell her that you're pretty sure your ex wouldn't like her hanging out with you.  Ask her if she's willing to possibly jeopardize her friendship with him.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Just be her friend and ignore whatever he does.  If he wants to be an ass, what has that got to do with your relationship with this woman?  Who cares what will piss him off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I've told her that and she just laughs and says oh he won't mind. She's very young, 21.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Tell her that you're pretty sure your ex wouldn't like her hanging out with you.  Ask her if she's willing to possibly jeopardize her friendship with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Cuz hes freaking psycho.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just be her friend and ignore whatever he does.  If he wants to be an ass, what has that got to do with your relationship with this woman?  Who cares what will piss him off.

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Then be friends with her.  You've warned her.  You want to be friends with her.  Just go for it.  Don't let your ex dictate who you're friends with.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've told her that and she just laughs and says oh he won't mind. She's very young, 21.

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM

You may just have to tell her the truth  if she is that persistent

NiCo86
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM

just tell her your concerns about your ex. *shrug* doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

aiyess
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM
It is none of your exbf's business who his best friend's girlfriend is friends with. He can't control who she can and can't be friends with. Why do you give him so much control over your life and who you are friend's with. Seriously.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Do you know lead balloons actually can float?

random but. . .well it came to mind when I read your title

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN