Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A vent from just the GF. Picking up BMs slack.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies
I have been taking more and more of a role in the kids life thanks to their mom taking less and less interest. I get calls from BMs dad to make sure I make dentist and doctors appointments. Ive been going to all of school conferences. Her excuse. She has a baby. Helllllooo. So do I. And another child of my own. And practices and softball games she can't make it to. She isn't interested in their homework or school work. She was supermom when I first met my SO. Now she just sucks.

What the fuck lady. I spent the first two years with My SO hearing from her that I shouldn't be doing things for the kids because I'm not their mom. That I shouldn't be around them when they should be having daddy time. Now all if the sudden it's ok. Grrrrrrrr

I'm super irritated with the way she treats me and the things she still says about me. And then shes calling me to pick up her slack. They have 50/50 custody. He does his part as well and running a company and taking care of his other baby. and she is supposed to do hers. So guess who is doing hers. I hope she snaps out of it soon. They need their mother to be an active part of their life. I don't want to be their mom. And I don't want to try to take her place. I want to be exactly where I am. I have a great relationship with the kids. They respect my place in our home and the authority I have. I am a mom figure but I'm not mom.

This is not about me being unwilling to do things for the kids. This is me venting about how shitty she is to me still and treats me like shit. Also I hate her disregard for my own obligations and commitments.

Eta. To be clear. When he is home. He is the one doing for his kids. This isn't about him not being an active parent. This is more about her lack of care for we kids. And her lack of being a joint parent. I shouldn't be coparenting with him. She should be.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Their mother is on her way to checking out completely. That would kill the kids. I hope she doesn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Haha. What's the matter. Not enough BM hate in the OP.
Pink.Frosting
I know I sound like a scrooge, but I'm so ready for Christmas to be over this year. Our poor tree is haggard looking from being attacked by cats. I just want it *down* and to have my living room back to *normal.* Bah Humbug...
Yesterday at 12:35 PM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM

You think she's got a drinking problem or drugs?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I think it might be diet pills. She's not a big drinker. And according to my SO she and him had some drug problem in high school and they worked hard to get past that

Her weight has plummeted. She's about 85 pounds. Her man has so lost a lot of weight.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

You think she's got a drinking problem or drugs?

RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM

That's a difficult situation. I sure hope it isn't PPD. I hope everything works out soon :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM
That's something I didn't think of.

Quoting RayneofTerror:

That's a difficult situation. I sure hope it isn't PPD. I hope everything works out soon :) 

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Appportionments is an interesting autocorrect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Too much drama. I love my drama free life!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Lol. Ill go fix that.

Quoting Momniscient:

Appportionments is an interesting autocorrect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I don't want the drama. I like to live without confrontation or conflict.

Quoting Anonymous:

Too much drama. I love my drama free life!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN