Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Summer Plans with your children

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 48 Replies

What kind of summer plans do you have for you and the kids when they are out of school for the summer?  Anyone else look forward to this time to spend with the children? What kind of things do you like to do? 

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
riceybaby4ever
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
We are going to the beach,and NY
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tab022308
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:13 PM

We are moving and visiting family

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Nothing set in stone. But we will go for lots of walks, go to the park, play outside, plant a garden, plant some flowers, go to the lakes(well we are going to try again), go to the zoo, all the fun outside fun free activities they have and so much more.

tarakay0417
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM

In June we have 2 camping trips with the Cub Scouts. One is going to Mammoth Cave in Ky and the other is Webelos Resident Camp. I am not 100% sure if I will be going to both camps or not this year. We are expecting our 2nd baby in March and depending on the weather I may or may not be taking the baby. DH is going though with DS. Those are our 2 big trips this year. I could take the baby to Mammoth Cave since its only a weekend, but Webelos Resident is a whole week. I am not sure how the baby will do and June tends to be pretty hot here.

We also have a big garden that we plant and work every year so we will be busy with that as well. I am also planning on having my nephews and niece here for a while during the summer.

Saintsational
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Moving, 2 weeks at the lake, lots of time outside. 

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM
i will see him for a few days in june. thats it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM

DD isn't in school so it won't really be any different for us. But her cousins are coming back into town so when they get here, we'll be going out more. 

weaveress
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM

we do the library's summer reading program. They have storytimes, movies, crafts, activities, and a pool party. My youngest is doing swim lessons, this is the first year the big kids won't have swim lessons. and my son and I will go to cub scout camp for 5 days. My kids always go to the local vbs programs too. 

starbuckmom03
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Since last summer I was trying to figure out homeschooling and starting that off, we didn't really do anything fun.  This year tho, I am not stressing as much so we are going to have fun!

Taking a trip to Iowa so I can show my kids where I lived, visit all the cool spots, visit friends.  Then we will do some camping probably.  Hit up the parks around us.  Swim in our little pool, visit some things in town, visit the grandparents, go to the county fair at my inlaws, etc.  I know there is more.

I am going to be a lot more relaxed this summer!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:37 PM
A ton of camping and a beach trip in June.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)