Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want a.. But I'm worried..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I want a tongue ring but I am worried it would look trashy I got a 100 bucks for my birthday back in November and I loaned it out and I'm just getting it back and I'm thinking about getting it done. I'm going to college and looking for job currently. I think something simple would be cute. With the money I could get it done get the stuff to keep it clean buy a retainer and then one or two cheep cute rings..

What do you think of tongue rings?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Replies (151-159):
fiiasco
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Honestly it hurts a lot less than when you bite your tongue! I don't know if it makes a difference or not but the guy that pierced my tongue had me rinse with listerine first & my tongue hardly swelled. Either way, don't let others influence you... there's always clear retainers & after awhile you are able to take it out & leave it out for hours at a time!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks :) I have my belly button Peirced since I was 16 of corse it came out when I was pregnant. So I'm not afraid of the pain, I also rember haveing my tounge Peirced for surgery when I was younger and how that felt. I was thinking about going into nursing I love it but honestly it isn't my dream job

Quoting fiiasco:

I've had mine done since 18 (currently 23)... a friend had bought me a $100 gift certificate to a piercing place & I had already had 2 in each ear, my tragus, cartilage, & nose so I felt my tongue was my only option lol

I go to college for nursing & I work in an emergency room as a nurses assistant (I took it out for interviews). I leave it in for school, but take it out for clinicals & work (12hr shifts). Most people that have known me for years don't even realize I have it done.

As soon as mine healed I switched it to a smaller bar with plastic balls & I haven't had any issues with my teeth or anything else, but I also don't play with it at all, or put it on display for others.

Pregnancy Ticker

.thatsme.
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I wouldn't do it. Just because I don't like them but I have my nose pierced and I had the Monroe piercing but I let it grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I've had mine since 2000 and I just pushed a ring through and its still not closed up. I rarely wear one any more.

Quoting Anonymous:

Shrugs. People will claim trashy. I happen to have one. Once it's fully healed it can come out without it closing up for short periods of time. I've had my for three years. I've gone weeks without it in. Then random will put one in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Yes.

Quoting Anonymous:

That good?

Quoting Anonymous:

Save your $, but deffffffinately date a guy that has one. You're welcome in advance. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I got my tongue pierced on my 18th birthday. That was over 14 years ago and for the last few years I leave it out most of the time. I go months with it out and it hasn't closed up. When I was young enough to still think it was cool I played with it all the time and I've got a chip in my front tooth because of it. I don't necessarily regret it but if I had it to do over again I would never have gotten it in the first place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM
My friend and I were just talking about this 3weeks ago she said she has chipped two of her teeth and she's had hers for 2.5 years.
X.Rukia.X
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I doubt you would have it. The artist said only like 10-30% of ppl have what i have lol. I was really disappointed at the time. Until i got my lip pierced. My brother has his done and you can't even tell he has it.

Good luck on your choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had my tounge Pericles for a surgery when I was younger. The think the stops your tongue from falling out of your mouth or down your throat was cut and moved back because I was unable to stuck my tounge out like a normal person. So I know mine should be ok but that is always a risk. Thank you for commenting ;)

Quoting X.Rukia.X:

Personally do what YOU want. There will.always be ppl who think things you do is trashy or unacceptable. I have two very large.tattoos and at one point 11 piercings. 8 in my ears, my lip, belly button and one other place. Of course some didn't like it others did. But its not like a piercing is forever. You can always take it out. You are not hurting others or doing something that will permanently brand your body. You are young once. Enjoy it as long as you aren't doing something stupid and risky.

I couldn't get my tounge pierced due to having two extra veins in my tongue.and i had a high risk of piercing the vein and i would bleed out. So the tattoo/piercer wouldn't do it. So that's when i went with my lip instead.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM

If there is anything of more value you could spend your money on, do it.  If you have any debt, if you have any needs, if you have any wants that make sense (like faster internet, membership to a gym, some nutritional supplements, etc) do that instead.

They are trashy.  Don't deface yourself like this, especially if you aren't independently wealthy enough to waste money like this. 

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I don't really like tongue rings, but if you think it's cute, go for it. A lot of places won't hire you or will ask that you take it out though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)