Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Monster High?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Does anybody's daughters like this? It is ALL my DD can talk about. She loves it! I think it must have been from commercials and stuff in stores because as far as I know she had never watched it. DH recorded a couple episodes of it for her and she really really liked it and wants only monster high stuff for her birthday. I think it's a little old for her (she will be 4 on the 27th). Doesn't anybody's DD who is this young like this? Or how old is your DD that watches it?

I will add that while I think 3 year olds should be watching playhouse Disney type shows she has grown out of that mostly. We don't watch much tv but she does like Umi Zoomi and Sofia the first (her absolute favorite). But otherwise she just likes Disney princess movies.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
Roo1234
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM

mY daughter likes the books (but she is 12) and collects the dolls for that reason.  She doesn't really care for the cartoons.  She feels that while they are "fine" they aren't really reflective about the stories from the book series which talks about accepting others and yourself.

LaughingTattoo
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM

My 6 and 4 yo both love monster high....and dh and I do too lol. We buy them stuff for it all the time bc we like them lol

alyssa1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM

my daughter is 7 almost 8 and loves it

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Dude, I love it. LOL. I got hooked on them when I lived with my friend. Her daughters(9 and 6) have a crap ton of the dolls and the movie. I just hope it's still big in a couple years when my DD is old enough to like them. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Heck, I like it! They're cute. That's all I know. I haven't done research on it at all. My daughter is two, she's barely starting to like baby dolls. She still prefers cars and cats though.
eykelley
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Nope. And it'll be over my dead and decaying body that my dd will ever have those dolls! They look like cheap hookers IMO! Barbie is one thing, but the make up, the 5 inch heels, the insanely short skirts and shirts... Not happening. I don't came I my teenage daughter wears a mini skirt and push up bra... But my 10 year old will not!

mom4wine
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

My DD loves MH. Most of her Christmas was MH stuff. She has been to 3 bithday parties in the last month and all 3 have had MH themes and when I ask the mom about gifts they all say MH stuff.

mary841108
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM

LOL thats what i said. BUT my teenage daughter will also NOT be wearing a push up bra or mini skirt.

Quoting eykelley:

Nope. And it'll be over my dead and decaying body that my dd will ever have those dolls! They look like cheap hookers IMO! Barbie is one thing, but the make up, the 5 inch heels, the insanely short skirts and shirts... Not happening. I don't came I my teenage daughter wears a mini skirt and push up bra... But my 10 year old will not!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I watched it and I didn't think so either. I don't think it's really aimed for 3-4 year olds but I see it no different then scooby doo .....the outfits are tight/short but honestly what isn't these days! I choose not to shelter my kids from it but rather let them see all different types of dress and learn that all people dress differently. I won't be crazy uptight but my kids will dress appropriately.....just no tube tops and mini skirts at 12!

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

All of my girls love the dolls and the show.  My dd's are 11, 10, 9, & 4. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with a 4 yr old watching or playing with the MH dolls. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Lol ok then! And just because a doll is wearing those clothes doesn't mean my dd will! I think Barbie is worse actually....she's a "regular person". These are monsters and I'm pretty sure my dd won't try to be a vampire or werewolf either....

Quoting eykelley:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured