Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Monster High?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Does anybody's daughters like this? It is ALL my DD can talk about. She loves it! I think it must have been from commercials and stuff in stores because as far as I know she had never watched it. DH recorded a couple episodes of it for her and she really really liked it and wants only monster high stuff for her birthday. I think it's a little old for her (she will be 4 on the 27th). Doesn't anybody's DD who is this young like this? Or how old is your DD that watches it?

I will add that while I think 3 year olds should be watching playhouse Disney type shows she has grown out of that mostly. We don't watch much tv but she does like Umi Zoomi and Sofia the first (her absolute favorite). But otherwise she just likes Disney princess movies.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM

my 7 yr old loves them

Antonia464
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I don't let DD (3yo) watch it or play with the dolls, but that's my own personal choice. She likes Umi Zoomi, Doc McStuffins, and nature shows on NatGeo and Animal Planet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Mine LOVES it and she is almost 8.
Mommy2AlexAraya
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM
My dd loves it. She just turned 5 in December and she has been into it for over a year now. She has almost all the dolls but for little ones you have to watch out because the hands and arms come off to change the clothes. We also redid her room in monster high stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamaof2monsters
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:54 PM

My daughter loves it- dolls, movies, books, clothes...she is 9

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Oh ya. My dd is wayyy past the putting things in her mouth stage. Even though she is 3 I feel like she is way beyond that....or she thinks she is anyways. Rather then playing with babies and her kitchen she would rather go get her hair done and a mani/pedi. It's fine for now but it will eventually come to a halt when she things will become inappropriate.

Quoting Mommy2AlexAraya:

My dd loves it. She just turned 5 in December and she has been into it for over a year now. She has almost all the dolls but for little ones you have to watch out because the hands and arms come off to change the clothes. We also redid her room in monster high stuff.

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:01 PM

My kids got into it arond that age. I think it's because they look so different. 

dragongirl1012
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:02 PM

My just turned 5 year old daughter loves it. We had a monster high theme for her birthday. I don't see anything wrong with it. She saw a commercial for it and started asking. She knows that what is on TV isn't real.

lextjmom0709
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:05 PM
My dd 5 loves them idk why
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BDolphins82
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM

my daughter has never seen the cartoon, I didn't know there was one!  But she loves the dolls at the stores.  She has goulie something that she got for st. nicks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)