Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much is your refund and what are you spending it on?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies
No bashing. I'm.just curious :) We use ours to supplement our tithing at church so we don't have to stress about shelling out so much every week - this way we give $2,600 now plus $50 per week instead of $100 per week. It works for us. Our refund is $4,000 and the rest will go to savings. I'm hoping to sell an ATV of ours (hopefully someone buys it with their tax refund :) so I can get an elliptical!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I'm not disclosing the amount, but we're paying bills and buying new cookware, a nice dish set and a paper shredder. The rest, is going into savings for the kiddo.

Eta: A supercharger for my husband's truck, because he's wanted one for years and a cold air intake for my car.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm pretty ashamed to say that I am getting a large refund this year. I don't use any other forms of PA, because I am too prideful, but we qualified for EIC this tax year due to my husband being unemployed for a large chunk of 2012. We are getting 8700ish back from the Fed and 700 back from our state. Our daughter is getting a new bed. We've priced it and its around $500 total. Everything else is being saved. DH has a job he loves and hopes to retire from someday, but you can never be too cautious. I want to rebuild our energency fund.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM
To be honest, my grandpa just moved out of the trailer I grew up in. I'm thinking of selling my 1600 sq ft home and buying the 1000 sq ft trailer out right. I'm in school, and it'll take 3 years to finish. The only bad thing is we will be giving up a garage, bathroom, dining room, and bedroom. But 3 years with no house payment, we would not struggle so much and could save a lot.
Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I don't know how much yet... but it will go into savings like all the other ones did. It's nice having a large cushion in case something happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Wtf would you give money to a church? You don't owe them money. That's insane.
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM
We get over $5000 due to the EIC. But it's all going to pay off our loan. We will have $500 left after that and it's going towards fixing our leaky roof.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM
$100 & taking my kids to dinner and ice cream
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM
$603 only because I decided to take the child care credit, otherwise it would've been $114.
As far as where it's going, paying NJ income taxes (fat Bastards) and some heating oil.
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Negative something, don't know the exact number yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Ours is 5500. We're getting new beds and bedding for the kids, new couches, paying 6 months ahead on gas and electric, and putting the rest in savings. Maybe some meat and pantry stuff too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)