Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are a SAHM, not on PA & your DH makes less than $50k a year...

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 284 Replies

....what state do you live in? Do you like it? Have you ever lived in any other states? And are you able to make ends meet & live semi-comfortably?

I realize the questions are kind of personal but I'm curious as DH and i are considering moving out of state and me becoming a SAHM again. We currently live in CA & OK would be our 1st choice as we have friends there and DH would have employment opportunity. The pay would be less than what he makes now but my friend assured me the cost of living is a lot less.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM
We live in Cali.

Dh averages 70k a year.

No pa and I'm a SAHM. 2 kids.
skittlefart
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Bah, I only wish SO made $50k a year or more...but maybe soon :) 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:45 PM
4 moms liked this

I live in GA, I've lived here my whole life. DH has lived in a lot of places, California and Ohio mostly. DH makes $50,000 and we're broke as hell. We can't get on PA because he makes too much but we're struggling to keep food on the table and bills paid. We only buy the necessities, a majority of any left over money, if there ever is any, goes to the kids' clothes. DH and I have no clothes, our shoes have about had it, we have no savings, and no emergency money if somethiong goes wrong with my shitty car. But we'll make it somehow....we've made it on a lot less.

And before somebody starts bitching, we can't afford childcare or I would be working.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohio

I'm a SAHM to four.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:45 PM
GA, sorry read that wrong. I thought it said at least 50k a year. We are more than twice that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:45 PM
We live in NY. SO is the foreman of a roofing company and makes around 60K a year. I stay home with the kids.
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM
No PA except Wic and my Dh makes 40 k a year. We lived in NY and now live in GA. Haven't noticed much of a difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM
West Texas area and the cost of living is pretty fair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM

My husband makes 45k a year and we live in Kentucky.  We do very well for our area, most of the county is poor.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM

We are in Central Va.  My husband's income is in the higher 6 figures.   We live very comfortably.

I lived in Philadelphia for 24 years.  I was a single mother at the time, I made 70K.  That was comfortable for us.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)