Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Twin day at school and DDs best friend decided she likes another girl as her best friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I feel bad for my daughter and I know there is nothing for me to do regarding their friendship but Twin Day is coming up at school and not sure what she should do.  I had already bought an extra shirt for her original best friend but now she does not want to be twins with my daughter so maybe I should let the neighbor girl be her twin if she wants.  I already bought a twin shirt so that two of them could match.  What do you think?  Should I have my DD ask her if she wants to be twins next week on Twin Day?  DD is 2nd grade and neighbor is 3rd grade and they play together almost every day after school.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Your poor dd. I say ask her wot she wants to do. 

Katenemsmom
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM
That sucks. For sure tell your daughter to ask another friend or even two.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Let DD decide. It sucks her friend didn't wanna do it with her, but I'm sure she has a lot of other friends she could ask. 

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Yes, kids are fickle, however she is crushed but will not show it.  When her former best friend came to say hi, she talked about how much fun she had with her new friend and that they had the greatest weekend.  Then that they would be twins for twin day.  DD recovered quickly and said what a great time with her neighbor friend this weekend too.

TarantulaTress
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I've always thought that 'twin day' was stupid. I feel bad for those kids who couldn't participate because no one asked them to. Girls, mostly. Seemed the boys in the school weren't very interested.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Twin day? Seems like a bad idea because it would single out the kids with no friends, making things even worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Ask your DD what SHE wants.  It is a hard lesson to learn growing up, but she's gotta learn it eventually.  If she chooses not to partake in Twin Day, that's her choice.  If she wants to ask someone else, that's her choice.  You just need to be supportive.

That said, Twin Day?  What a recipe for disaster!  I can't think of a worse thing for a school to do to kids!  I bet things like this happen EVERY YEAR and create conflicts!  Why not a different themed day, like Cartoon Day or Silly Pajama Day?

mrscass0416
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I would encourage that friendship with they neighbor as well as with her other friend. That sucks for your DD.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)