Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Refuse to use babysitters.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies

I don't use them. I can't trust anyone. I hired one ONCE and she was unreliable....enough of that ! I just work things out somehow and try to keep my sanity. Thank God for pre-school 2x's a week.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaLa_Ivory
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM
3 moms liked this
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAH because preschool is way more trusting. sureeeee.hahahahahah oh god.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Same here. It makes life REALLY hard though. I wish I could go on date nights with dh or our with friends, but I just dont trust anyone with my kids. 

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Just because you had one that was unreliable does not mean all of them are.  There are some great babysitters out there.  How old are your kids?

Serenity7
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I feel the same way

sheepinarowboat
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I was the same way.  It was the most amazing feeling when my oldest reached 12 years old and I didn't need a sitter anymore.  Hang in there!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok. We have used sitters/drop in daycares before and they have been wonderful. To each their own.

kate80
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Don't blame you. I use one, infrequently when I can't get my mom or someone. She is the daughter of a friend so I know her well. I used one once, out of desperation. What a disaster. All she did was stand outside and smoke.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry for your poor experience.   We have had some really nice people keep our kids for us... But I'm protective when they are tiny, though...  I usually don't give little ones up... I'll take them with me up to 18 months or more instead of leaving them behind.  

However, my older three, sure... they have met some wonderful people who have really poured into their lives that way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Exactly.. What is date nite? I have to get my kids to bed in order to plan a so called date nite at home get dressed make a sexy meal just the two of us. I don't trust anyone with my kids either.

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

Same here. It makes life REALLY hard though. I wish I could go on date nights with dh or our with friends, but I just dont trust anyone with my kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:24 PM

My child needs socialization. YES, it is more trusting you fool ! It's a big pre-school and I've never had a problem with it.

Quoting LaLa_Ivory:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAH because preschool is way more trusting. sureeeee.hahahahahah oh god.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured