Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's so sad to see kids who are so fat!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was out today and saw a fat woman and the three kids who were with her were just so fat. The 12 year old looking boy looked like he was pushing 200, The 7 or 8 year old girl looked like she was about 100. She didn't even look like she could run.  There was another little girl that was huge too. It's just so sad to see kids that big! And I know people will try to say oh maybe its health problems or osmething but no. They were eating pizza. This is the worlds problem... instead of saying hey stop feeding your kid crap make them eat healthy we coddle the fat kids and they stay fat. I care about my daughter being healthy. Of course I let her have junk and fun stuff but I always make her eat healthy and exercise and she plays sports. How could people let their kids get so fat? They don't start out that way and the parents control what they eat.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Well tbh I couldnt help but notice them.

Quoting kzuehlk:

Mind your own kids

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:32 PM
8 moms liked this
I was at the McDonald's playplace the other day with my friend and our kids. This woman came in with her two boys - all very overweight. One of the boys, who looked about 10, ate 3 burgers, 2 large fries and a big soda. (I assume soda, he had a fountain drink. I doubt it was water). When we were leaving they had gone back up to the counter for ice cream.

I felt so bad for those kids. Yeah, my kids eat there once in awhile. But i would never give them that much crap in one sitting. I can't imagine setting my kids up for a lifetime of health problems like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I've been around long enough to know they will bash you, call you names, say youre lying. Oh well though. I can have my opinion just like they can.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with you but you're gonna get bashed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I agree! It's really sad!

Quoting Anonymous:

I was at the McDonald's playplace the other day with my friend and our kids. This woman came in with her two boys - all very overweight. One of the boys, who looked about 10, ate 3 burgers, 2 large fries and a big soda. (I assume soda, he had a fountain drink. I doubt it was water). When we were leaving they had gone back up to the counter for ice cream.

I felt so bad for those kids. Yeah, my kids eat there once in awhile. But i would never give them that much crap in one sitting. I can't imagine setting my kids up for a lifetime of health problems like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Look at the parents.  Nine times out of ten, they are obese themselves.  I've noticed an awful lot of Hispanic children very chubby, very early.  I think the basic diet is terrible.  Couple that with eating fast-food constantly and you've got kids with weight problems by the time they are six,

redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I saw that a lot where we moved from. Not so much here. I've noticed it is a sociological problem.
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Genetics CAN affect weight... but I'm fat, and I'm doing a LOT different than my folks.   We still eat pizza and fun stuff once in a while, but I don't have a whole pantry of crap.   We eat our veggies as much as I can pour into their throats... and we even monitor that we don't eat too many fruits...

However, my son is gaining a little, and I have been secretly cutting back his portions when I can.   They would eat themselves fat if I let them.

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM
4 moms liked this

Well I agree with you. It IS sad. The common response is "let's check their thyroid" not "let's monitor their daily diet and exercise." I agree that a bigger kid needs to make sure their levels are balanced just in case that is contributing to the less active metabolism but when you get down to the nitty gritty...it is a good diet and exercise that is absolutely important.

Ireallydontcare
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM
5 moms liked this

Are your kids healthy? Yes? Then that is all you need to concern yourself with.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
And it becomes or has become a national problem... an epidemic.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well tbh I couldnt help but notice them.

Quoting kzuehlk:

Mind your own kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)