Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's so sad to see kids who are so fat!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was out today and saw a fat woman and the three kids who were with her were just so fat. The 12 year old looking boy looked like he was pushing 200, The 7 or 8 year old girl looked like she was about 100. She didn't even look like she could run.  There was another little girl that was huge too. It's just so sad to see kids that big! And I know people will try to say oh maybe its health problems or osmething but no. They were eating pizza. This is the worlds problem... instead of saying hey stop feeding your kid crap make them eat healthy we coddle the fat kids and they stay fat. I care about my daughter being healthy. Of course I let her have junk and fun stuff but I always make her eat healthy and exercise and she plays sports. How could people let their kids get so fat? They don't start out that way and the parents control what they eat.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM
3 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM
6 moms liked this

So easy to judge...you'd probably quickly judge my DD who has weight issues and a fat neck.  Why?  Her thyroid is huge and it's fucking up her weight and I have always watched what she eats.  Oh, and since you're that judgemental, you'd probably notice her 9 year old body wearing a bra and think it's all fat.  Well, it's not.  She's been in puberty since age 7.  Why?  Thyroid again.  That thyroid is a sneaky little bitch.  But, we are working hard on the weight issue and taking meds as directed and she's getting better.  

But yeah, I've seen people like you looking at my daughter, then at me.  My daughter notices it too.  I then have to remind her that it's not her fault and that she's a very beautiful girl.    

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this
We were grocery shopping yesterday, and one side of the isle was canned goods, whole the other was the cookies. A fat little boy and his fat mother came down the isle and the boy was saying "we are out of these and these and ooh I want these!" She told him to grab only 5 things. 5 fucking boxes of sweets!?!? Ffs. My DD was like can we get some? I'm like hell no, Valentine's day is this week and we will have plenty of sweet stuff from daddy.
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I agree BUT, I don't know how much of it is the parents being lazy as it is the parents just being clueless... I think a lot of American truly don't know how to eat right. I also think a lot of parents are just flat out in denial that their child is too big...

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree! The people who bash you are more than likely fat and/or have fat kids so they're insulted by your honesty. I see it grocery shopping all the time. (yes I look...so what?) The other day this woman had 3 super obese kids, she was atleast 500 herself and she had a cart stocked to the top with frozen crap. One bag with a few apples. it makes me sad. Lazy parents. Then parents wonder why their kid is teased... My 12 year old dd loves her boxing class (which actually was pretty cheap and kicks her butt) and working out at the gym with me. She does get treats, but she knows that she needs healthy food 95% of the time in order to feed her body for how hard she trains.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Its so sad to see people so judmental and stupid! 

Its none of your buisness!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM

exactly.. I was a t my sisters school and their was a kid that couldnt have been more than 10-12? was TALL, but at leaaaast 50+lbs bigger than me.. she made me, a size 12, look skinny... smh.. THAT made me sad...  :( there is a definite difference between these kids that are slightly overweight and these parents that are obviously doing nothing to encourage these kids to have healthier lives/eating habits

Quoting Blueliner:

I don't know... I don't just LOOK for people to judge... but some times I see a really young kid that's just HUGE, like a 100+lb 5 year old and I can't help but notice them and feel sad for them. How is that fair to the kid? 

Quoting wineisfine:

Hmmm you notice a lot don't ya, because honestly I never pay that much attention.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:57 PM

If the mother and the children were all fat, how do you know it's not a genetic health issue? And maybe them having pizza is rare. Maybe it was a treat. Either way, you don't know. So you shouldn't judge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

It is sad, but who are any of us to judge? I grew up being teased for being 20 lbs. overweight. My daughter was 20 lbs. overweight and was bullied. Now that she lost the weight, people treat her nice. I think that's absolute crap. You are who you are, fat or thin. I also feel bad for heavy kids, but it is their parents responsibility to teach them how to eat better, exercise, etc, and it is not our place to judge them. In my opinion, if anyone makes fun of or judges a child or an adult for being overweight, they obviously have no manners or class!!!

not the same thing though.  I was also 10-20 lbs over in my youth.  I am not talking about that.  These kids are beyond fat.  When I grew up in the 70s, you never saw morbidly obese kids, EVER.  When my dd was a younger child, she had a slight weight problem that she outgrew, and is now a normal size teen.  If I did not push healthy foods and activity those few extra lbs would have turned into 100 lbs, I am sure.  These morbidly obese kids will NEVER outgrow it like my dd and yours  My neice has been morbidly obese since she was a baby and is so obese now  as a 17 yr old it is scary.  Sorry, but my SIL never did a damn thing to help her get out of that mess.  She regularly kept junk in the house (I NEVER did) and allowed her to eat super sized portions, whole mile and regular soday.  I don't want to hear her parents had nothing to do with it, that is BS.  Go into any elementary classroom today and see what parents are feeding their kids for snack, JUNK.  These are the same parents that BITCHED about our public schools going healthy.  BAD parents, yes, I said it.  SO many bash mrs. obama for making that happen.  Well, I  would love to thank her personally.  It is the parent's responsibility to feed their children proper foods, end of story. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:59 PM

You are 100% right, we shouldn't judge. I am sorry your daughter had to go through that.

The fact of the matter remains that people *will* judge whether it's right or wrong. It doesn't make judging okay, but it is going to happen. They don't have manners or class as you mentioned, but people will do it, as wrong as it is.

Parents have a responsibility to keep their kids as healthy as they can the best way they know how. It's not just physical health, but mental and emotional health as well. Being overweight will affect all three things. If your kid (not you, but the overall "you") is being bullied for their weight, a parent needs to step up and not only stand up to the bully but give the child the confidence to do the same thing. They aren't going to have that confidence when they are carrying around extra weight.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is sad, but who are any of us to judge? I grew up being teased for being 20 lbs. overweight. My daughter was 20 lbs. overweight and was bullied. Now that she lost the weight, people treat her nice. I think that's absolute crap. You are who you are, fat or thin. I also feel bad for heavy kids, but it is their parents responsibility to teach them how to eat better, exercise, etc, and it is not our place to judge them. In my opinion, if anyone makes fun of or judges a child or an adult for being overweight, they obviously have no manners or class!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's stupid to let your toddler get so big that they'll be lucky to live to 25...

Quoting Anonymous:

Its so sad to see people so judmental and stupid! 

Its none of your buisness!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN